Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #1

Today is Thursday

All day! Late for a daily, hope all are busy with interesting things.

Gloomy, mild and rainy here: 11 C (51 F; so far 1.28" with much heavier rain expected in the afternoon. The ground is saturated so there's the always present threat of flooding in low lying areas and power outages from toppled trees ..... that's about all the news.

Hope all are well, take care, people.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #2

Re: Today is Thursday

Hi Eileen! Just home from a day out walking with OH. Quite pleasant but very windy with a bit of rain on the wind.

Home in time for our electrician to fit a new extractor fan in the shower .... we didn't know he was coming round but his van pulled in just after we did! Sometimes things just work!!!

Hope everyone else is OK? I understand from the weather reports that Scotland has had gale force winds and further snow, so just hoping that our Scottish members are safe?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

Hi all...

Yeah, all goes OK here. Not long back from the office. Wasn't quite so buried by files today - the simple act of being able to shove some of the donkey work onto a group of workers who are in once a week (on Wednesdays) and are struggling to find things they can do took one big task off of my back. Also agreed that another bunch of files weren't going to need anything doing with them. So that was a lot sorted with at once.

I was able to get through one complete task, and get properly started on another before finishing today.

All seems well enough here, and am home for the weekend now. I love having Fridays off!

ETA: no snow here as yet - though we apparently due it on Monday. It is a bit windy - has been a bit of a '4 seasons' day overall - but don't think the big gusts have reached us yet. Or at least, not the up to 60 or 75 MPH style gusts anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #4

It's Gundog day at Crufts so I've been checking on the results regularly, no live coverage of the judging rings unfortunately. The breeder who trims Morgan was showing her little black cocker bitch but didn't manage to get anywhere. I'll be watching the gundog group judging later with fingers crossed for a cocker win!

Dr's surgery rang me this morning to make an appointment to discuss the scan results, so that's booked for tomorrow afternoon.

My car went for servicing and MOT today, passed with flying colours so that's £222 please They're trying hard to get me to buy a new one, mine's 10 years old but still good. It's got a low mileage and gets very little use now I'm retired. They'll practically have to give me a car before I'm persuaded!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #5

Afternoon all

Last night was last night. Had a bit of a sleep and now moving about. Want to sleep tonight then Crufts tomorrow and meeting up with Pinklizzy and baby Erin.

Not really doing anything today, going to change the bedding looking foward to nice crisp clean sheet tonight.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
10-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #6

Day one of moving house. Stressful but it will all be worth it. Massive gales here. Most of the wheelie bins have blown over and seen a few uprooted trees. Also hail, sleet, snow, rain and sometimes, for a few seconds, sunshine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #7

Angie, that was good timing with the electrician! Squirrel, enjoy the Friday off; MrsH, hope the news is good about your gall bladder scan. I didn't realize cockers were classified as gun dogs!?! Kazz, nothing like nice fresh smelling clean bed sheets, is there? Hope Crufts will be fun. SM, bad weather for your move; are you in Scotland?

Raining again here, up to 13 C, dismal!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

Just finished watching Best of Group - what a lovely dog won - his owner had been at the Pledge and what a lovely waggy tail he had! Smashing dog IMO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
10-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #9

evening all! very bitter cold windy weather here today! been raining on and off, has come on quite heavy again.

hope your move wasnt too stressful SM, i dont plan on doing it again for quite a while!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #10

In the Scottish borders. got a lot of things into the new place, flooring and appliances in tomorrow.