Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #1

Snowy wednesday

Morning everyone, up really early this morn (about 430am) due to Harris and Skye deciding to play up!!! Its snowing here again but hopefully it will melt fairly quick although it it is laying.

OH is off to newcastle today for a meetiing with his work so its just me and the monsters today. Just going to be online looking at jobs and getting questions for the quiz tonight!! Thinkingabout maybe doing some housework although the house is tidy and clean anyway. Got a few washings to do though.

Hope you all have a great day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #2

Re: Snowy wednesday

Hey there Pamela. Early start to the day for you. Hope that playing up doesn't happen too often. Am fairly sure that the reason Cloud is getting up earlier right now is cause of the lighter mornings - hopefully Dad will come see me soon and he'll measure my lounge up for some black out blinds (seeing he works for a company which makes them...). I'm unlikely to choose the colour or anything, long as they don't actually clash horribly with the colour in here I'll take what I can get, but neither will I be asked to pay, so anything is a bonus!!!

Hope that the job hunt etc goes well for you, and that you have a good day.

Over here, am considering whether to quickly give my hair a wash before work - am presenting, and doing dress up for it, so it's how best my hair willl go into a style which will suit the image I'm trying to present. Shiny black leggings, knee high pink suede boots, a clinging top, inches thick make up (if I manage to put it on...) dangly earings (where did I put them...?) the works!!! Originally this was supposed to be a Grease themed dress up (pink lady), but it's mutated slightly!

Last time I did this though, my hair was long and I shoved it in a pony tail right on top of my head (with a big pink scrunchie thing). Now it's shorter I'm not 100% sure what to do with it...

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

morning squirrel, Your presentation sounds fun!! Where is it you work? I think shorter hair looks better down

My 2 munchkins are up early every morning just now generally up early every morning because harris starts loudly meowing!!!

I also meant to say yesterday that it was Harris's first birthday so he gots lots of special attention and cuddles. (as did Skye though) He is no longer a kitten!!

Hope your presentation goes well squirrel

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
09-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #4

Hi all, we bit of snow here too up on the hills but the weather says we might get heavy snow later.

Just phoned up vets to get prices together for getting the kitten fixed and vaccinated and all that jazz. I am nothing if not forward planning. Going across to the next town to get some paperwork in order and then home to get snuggled up because wow, is it cold!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #5

SNOW ! Thank goodness we don't have any down here! I've no idea if it's cold outside or not as I've not been outdoors yet, OH has just left to meet up with some fellow retired ex-colleagues for their weekly pub lunch and putting the world to rights. I'm having an early lunch as I'll be setting off soon for my Wednesday afternoon teaching stint, I hope they've brought their work ethic with them for a change I seem to be making a much bigger effort than the pupils!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #6

No snow here either, thank goodness!
Had a lovely evening with family & friends yesterday, so many good wishes, cards and gifts, bless em all

You ladies having kittens are making me all broody but I know that its not a good time yet.

Keep warm all, it's perishing cold here though, will be glad when the warmer climate comes around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #7

OMG snow! Winter's hanging tough in Scotland, isn't it? Cloudy and chilly here, 5 C (41 F), another big rain storm coming by late evening and supposed to rain all day tomorrow with flooding in ow lying areas. Fortunately I'm very high, no worries there. Stabbed hand scabbing over nicely! No news really.

Looking forward to the quiz tonight, Pamela. MrsH, hope you're feeling OK and that the pupils will have prepared their lessons! SM, you certainly are well organized; Squirrel, good luck on your presentation. PP, glad you had a pleasant anniversary, belated congratulations.

Stay warm ands dry, all.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
09-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #8

I have also sourced pink food and water bowls. Hooray!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #9

Hi all. Presentation went fine thanks. Other than the fact that my face is now rather red, either from the foundation I used, or the facial wipes I took it all off with when it was done. Oh, and the fact that they weren't keen to give me any answers. Tame things like "what are lables" and "give me a few examples of lables" were mostly met with silence, never mind the shocker question I ask ("If you met me dressed like this at 10:30pm, hanging round a dark corner with 2-3 others dressed similarily, what would you think?" Answer = a variation on "a prostitute" - for yes, I'm leading you up the garden path...).

Still, it went well enough, and the colleagues that were with me thought I did it well, so...

As for where I work - well, it's Fife Wide really. My dept is "the Fife Employability Team" and we work to help people with disabilities into jobs. Not the easiest task ever in the current job climate.

As for my hair... it's so short it can't be put up. I can style it a bit differently, and I did think about spiking it, but hairdresser thought it was probably a bit long for that. She suggested getting spray in colour, which I tried to do, but it didn't turn up... Still, the make up in itself was enough to make me look 'different' to normal, as with the outfit...

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictMachine
I have also sourced pink food and water bowls. Hooray!
I got them for Skye as well!!! Got the food bowl from tesco and the water dish from B&M. Harris has blue 1s!!

Hope to see you all at the quiz tonight Im just in the middle of trying to get questions organised for it!