Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #1

breezy sunday

Morning everyone.

Weather is quite windy here today but surprisingly bright after the rain and gales last night.

Shelley, we did go to the aquarium shop and i got some guppies and platys for the 2 tanks. I also wanted a pair of german rams but they didnt have any so i have found a shop about 45mins away that has them so we are going to get them today. They are beautiful when they mature as their colour is so bright. I also got an order for 20 snuffle mats yesterday so i am going to be busy with them for a while!

I went for a walk with my friend last night and took Mia with me who loved running about the long grass and puddles for 4miles!!

Shelley, do you have any plans for today?
Dinky, how are you feeling?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Re: breezy sunday

Lol Pamela, I was going to start a thread and call it bright and breezy.
Hope all your new fish are settled in, never heard of German rams.
Not many plans except going to church for the first time since lockdown, will be interesting to see how its managed.
Great that you have a big order of snuffle mats.
Dinky, hope you are ok.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #3

Re: breezy sunday

Hi Shelley and Pamela and anyone else who may follow.
Thank you both for your good wishes and yes, I'm feeling much better now. Still got another 10 days of antibiotics to go but i can breathe a lot easier now. It's Tuesday avo here and a wet ,miserable day. I was going out for a quick walk but decided not to go as it is cold so did some washing instead and it's all in the dryer now.Bingo goes my power bill again.My BIG car is sitting in the driveway but I've been too ill to drive it. Perhaps in the next few days.

Willow is OK but still very stiff. Michele (vet) is coming round tomorrow to give her a synovan injection which is long overdue. Elliot came and got my heat pump working but I don't know how long it will last. It's pretty old now so might need to look at getting a new one installed. If i do , I'll get it ducted to the bedrooms as well.

Miracle is still scratching but not as much. She looks terrible though as she has lost a lot of fur and has bald patches all over her face and body. Michele says she'll "sort her out" tomorrow.I'm praying it's not mange but Michele says that mange is extremely rare in cats. Let's hope she's right.

PAMELA, sorry about your migraine. i remember you posting that you were getting migraines a long time ago. Do you still get them frequently or have they lessened a bit in frequency?They are horrid things and make you feel out of sorts for days afterwards.Congratulations on smashing your running record. You must be very proud of yourself. Well done you !!! Hope those wee fishies have settled in to their new home.Like Shelley, I've never heard of German Rams. I assume they're not sheep but fish. AND 20 more snuffle mats to make.You are going to be busy. Willow adores her snuffle mat. Unfortunately she is a chewer and after she's managed to get all the pieces of Duck Tender out of the mat, she settles down for a good chew of it and so i have to give her another treat to get the mat off her. That dog has me right where she wants me. !!!

SHELLEY, I do hope that you enjoyed your church service. Our churches are all open here again too, but I haven't been lately of course. It must have been nice to catch up with your friends again too.I hope Eric is continuing to do well and enjoying himself in his new surroundings.AND congratulations to your son and his partner on their new addition to the family. Love the name, Nigel and i also LOVE black cats.I do hope that Nigel's eyes are coming right now, the poor wee baby. I would have chosen him out of the litter too. We chose Miracle because she was blind and no one else wanted her . I'm sure Nigel will bring his new owners many many years of joy. What a lucky baby , being chosen by them, and i hope the remaining kittens in the litter all go to fantastic homes as well.

Hope the rainy weather clears up for you both and you get some sunshine. Now that a lot of your restrictions have lifted, you'll be able to enjoy life a bit more and sunny weather will be the icing on the cake.Hope you're both staying safe though. Pamela, hope your mum is continuing to do well and putting on a wee bit of weight again.

Well, I'm off now to see what I can find for tea tonight. I fancy some soup but I'll see what else may be lurking in the fridge.Had a couple of quakes today. The first one at 6.30am woke me up and Willow was growling and unsettled after that. Had a smaller one after that but we'd got up by that time and Will wasn't so anxious.Hope we don't get any more tonight. I can handle them in the day time but not at night. We have 2 night lights going all night, one in the kitchen and one in the hall and they become torches as well and are always on charge thank goodness.

Anyway, hope you both have a great Tuesday (not sure what your time is).

Stay safe everyone.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians. -