Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #1

Friday daily

Quiet today. If I remember correctly, I think the board is always quiet at this time of year - people seem to have other things to do!
Well, not as cold today - the frost has gone but I think it actually feels worse, a raw, damp cold, that creeps in at you, no matter how well wrapped.
We walked into town last night, to look at the tree and xmas lights and had a nice curry, which kept us warm on the walk back
Farmers' Market this morning - we were there early - before a lot of the stalls had set up properly. But, have got all we went for and have that happy, well-stocked cupboard feeling
Nothing else to report - I hope all your xmas preparations are progressing well

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily

A rather late Good Morning to everyone!

Damp and dreary here, give me the frosty mornings anytime!

I've been out shopping this morning, bought a few Christmassy odds and ends. I also found a store that stocks Thomas cat litter so I came home with three bags of it to see Cassie over the festive season

I went to the hairdressers yesterday and as usual at this time of the year, I was given a very nice diary for my custom. It wasn't until I arrived home that I noticed he had put a list of his increased prices inside it, to start as from 5th January!! I had to smile but it took the edge off my little prezzie slightly!

Healing thoughts to all the poorly people, members and their relations.....

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #3

Cold is still with me a little but much, much better

Just been to Domi's end of school assembly . . . lots of lovely bouncy carol-singing. My Mum's here so she's minding the boys whilst I prepare lunch; shortly we'll walk into town for a bit of a look around.

Also, I'm kind of hoping she might babysit tonight and OH and I can get an almost unheard-off evening dinner out in town tonight . . . fingers crossed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #4

Morning all, Just becoming light her, looks like the sun is coming up too....Hubby finishes early today, so hoping to go somewhere nice this afternoon....
Yola, Do hope you manage th dinner out with your OH tonight...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
12-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #5

Had 3 hours sleep to be woken by a delivery man and an M&S parcel. Just having a brew to try and make myself more human!!

Off out tonight to see Coldplay at the MEN in Manchester with hubby.
Brain not in gear yet and nothing else to report.

Get well to those peeps and animals in need and have a good evening everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #6

Nearing lunchtime here,and no sun, but the rain is finally over and didn't turn to snow at the end as had been predicted! We got about 2", and it's very breezy and only 3C. Going to do my minimal decorating tomorrow and put the wreath on the door; might start wrapping presents if I feel energetic enough, and maybe get a pic of Leia for the contest. Got out my little sparkly table tree and she ignored it completely, would have made a nice pic. Cats!! Usual market run, and waiting for yesterdays grocery delivery that was cancelled because their computer was down... Nothing really to report. Yola, hope you get a night out!

Healing vibes to the poorly people and pusses, stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #7

Yes - lots of fingers crossed for you having a nice night out Yola. Theer were tons of people curry-ing last night, so it looks like the xmas meals out have already started.

People! If it's not cloudy with you (it is here ) have a look for the moon. Apparently it's closer than it has been for 15 years and will appear spectacularly large tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #8

Thanks for that, DM; it hasn't been mentioned in the papers here! Supposed to be a clear night so will watch for it .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #9

That's a shame DM - it's been overcast here all day, doubt if we'll see the moon unless we get a bit of wind to blow the clouds away. It was absolutely raw here this morning - with no blue sky or sun in mitigation. The first day I actually felt like I didn't want to go out .... too cold! But we had to go and get our Christmas tree. Got a lovely one too - we went to the Forestry Commission at QE Country Park and they were selling their own trees at what I would call "normal" prices. So we got a 6 footer. Got all the decorations out of the loft yesterday, so it's just clean the lounge tomorrow and then bring the tree in. I admit to being grumpy about Christmas - but I love the tree and I love decorating it, especially with carols being sung and sherry being drunk at the same time! (the only time of year I drink sherry, I hasten to add.)

Have to just say, sitting here in the study, dark outside - OH is watching TV and MIL is watching TV in her annexe - so it can't be either of them ........... I am sure I have heard a "scrabbling about" up in the loft. I wonder whether we have mice .........

Oh and I watched the Disney film Ratatouille yesterday afternoon - absolutely charming, not seen it before. Know it's probably passe now.

Sorry - really did mean to say that I do hope you get your evening out with your OH, Yola. Enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
12-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #10

good evening (sort of) was a real sharp frost this morning. managed to get into town lunchtime. there was a food outlet (loofers) doing chicken wraps large one for 2-00 all money was going to a children hospice. so really enjoyed a nice lunch then had a hot choccy to wash it down.
picked up a few bits n peices i needed than wandered home.
just taken ben for a walk. now going to have a egg mayo sandwich. ill have a jacket spud later with salad.
so had quite a nice day so far. oh also tracked down the tree deccys. and as i have got a friend coming over 2morow with her kids thought the kids could help he decorate it.
have a good day/night all.