Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

03-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #1

Leadership, most despised

Watching BBC2 about the Tory Party Leadership, makes me think who's your most hated leader, of all, any time or place?

My vote would be for one.........
Maggie Thatcher, without doubt, not a second thought required.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-12-2005, 12:40 AM   #2

Re: Leadership, most despised

Think a lot of people will agree with that one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #3

Will have to get back to you on that one.
Not sure if you mean those of personal experience or from history or other countries? Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao and others would rank high for history.

I think the older you get the more you realise how similar all the b*****s are, despite their alleged policy diffrences.

Banned

04-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #4

i'd still put Maggie in that list DM, bcause of the effect sh had on th nation..... yeah, i iz not a fan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #5

tony blair sorry the man is out for what he can acheive for himself, hes the best tory leader going opps hes supposed to be labour.

Banned

05-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #6

i perfer blair over ma thatch.

but it will be intresting if david cameronn can reinvent the tory party

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #7

Watched most of the Tory Leaders prog last night (but fell asleep before the end - will watch that today )
I thnk my vote will be for Thatcher as well. It strikes me that so many of her penny-pinching, anti local government policies are coming home to roost now - economies leading to closing youth clubs which cost relative pennies to operate and occupied those kids who are first to be led into trouble, minimum 1200 hours for teachers, which virtually eliminated school sports, cutting customs and immigration staff, etc etc etc.
Which doesn't mean to say I'm not incredibly disappointed by TB.

However, I still think that the room to manouevre is very limited by our own and international law and precedents and we might as well get used to more of the same, whether it has a blue or pink tinge.

Banned

06-12-2005, 01:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Watched most of the Tory Leaders prog last night (but fell asleep before the end - will watch that today )
I thnk my vote will be for Thatcher as well. It strikes me that so many of her penny-pinching, anti local government policies are coming home to roost now - economies leading to closing youth clubs which cost relative pennies to operate and occupied those kids who are first to be led into trouble, minimum 1200 hours for teachers, which virtually eliminated school sports, cutting customs and immigration staff, etc etc etc.
Which doesn't mean to say I'm not incredibly disappointed by TB.

However, I still think that the room to manouevre is very limited by our own and international law and precedents and we might as well get used to more of the same, whether it has a blue or pink tinge.
well, DM, hr and her ilk believed that there was no such thing as society, just the individual. Well the chavs have now come home to roost