Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #1

Kitten & older cats update

Well here we are 2 1/2 weeks later. Mindy touches noses with both Tim & Amber. Amber plays with her, Tim is still a bit aloof & has occasional hiss but they are few & far between

Mindy is still crated at night - this is for her own safety as she is so tiny. I think we are well Past the stage Of the older two harming her hOwever rather be safe than sorry.

I do believe the Feliway diffuser had a lot to do with helping the situation

Mindy is a lovely little girl, she has gone from being a petrified little feral kitten of people to loving nothing more than a gentle hug & cuddles. She knows her name & can use the cat flap happily. It was hard work at first with two huffy hissing older kittens but well worth the effort. Couple of Photos below.

Amber stayed beside Mindy like this for over an hour

Tim pretending indifference !

Wee pet herself

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #2

Re: Kitten & older cats update

Awwww! Cute!!!

Cats owned: Persian
24-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #3

I think your doing really well, although i think you should not keep her crated at night anymore, as 2 grown up cats will know she is a baby and they will not harm a kitten, i know this as i had 2 kittens brought into my home and my oldest cat hated it she stalked them hissed at them and would do anything to scrare them away.... we resolved this by putting the kittens next to her each day and after 2 weeks they were all fine she has her moments but she would never harm a kitten, and by the looks of it in your pictures your cats seem to be very happy having her there:

If they are just hissing at her this is is fine, also if they are touching noses this is an amazing result, believe me you should just let her out of her crate at night and let her wonder around you will be amazed that they won't fight especially after her being there for 2 weeks:

Hope this helps, and please update me on how your getting on x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #4

It does seem as if all's going well and Mindy is part of the family now. I too think it may be time to discontinue the crate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Well it would certainly make life a lot easier to be rid of the crate, they take up so much room

Wee rascal is chasing a fly round the room!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #6

I can't actually remember how long we kept Pip in his crate ... in the end it was more to keep himself from getting into mischief in the night whilst we were asleep, that for worry that Kizzy would hurt him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #7

beautiful pictures, glad all is going well

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
25-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #8

Lovely pictures! It is great to see that all is going well, it is the sweetest thing to see a feral kitten blossom and learn to trust and love