Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
19-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #1

new kitten....

Hi!

after a very sad experience with adopting a stray only to have him die in 3 weeks (back in 2006) I finnaly adopted a new kitty. Actually she wasn't really planned but oh well...

She is a verry pretty white kitty with blue eyes and she definetly isnt deaf

Anyhow to my question...She is a very lively kitten, only about 4-5 weeks old She never had any siblings, she was the only kitten in her litter...As mentioned she is very lively and is pestering Gaia, our 6 years old very calm cat (she was calm even as a kitten) who puts up with her for a while and than jumps to some elevated surface where the little one cant reach her. We play a lot with her but she just seems to have endless supply of energy so we were thinking that maybe it would help to adopt another kitten so they could play. I am just affradi that the little one doesnt fully understand "cat language" - would a kitten around her age help?

Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #2

Re: new kitten....

Hi miki, welcome to the forum. Your little Kitten sounds lovely, i once had a white cat with blue eyes and she was deaf, so it's very lucky yours isn't .
Not sure whether it would help with another Kitten. My initial reaction is that she seems very young to be away from mum and is probably trying to get attention from your older cat as a comfort thing. I should think lots of tlc from yourself will help.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
19-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

well yeah, I know she is very young but she was either going to live with us or going to a farm that day - the owners of the mama cat didn't want to have her not even for a week more tho I said I would bring them cat food if they did..

i know she probably sees a mother in Gaia, but the problem is she is getting stressed by her...You see our Gaia has always been a very gentle cat (never scratches or bites) and Snežka (the kitty) is not as gentle - not that she is aggressive, she is just playing and scraching and biting during the play...I rellay don't know what to do...

I do give both of them a lot of attention and we also play with the kitty a lot but she really has so much energy (tho right now she is sleeping in my lap)...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #4

I'm sure Gaia is probably a bit stressed by the kitten, even though she's a calm cat. A big change in her routine. Would it be a problem finding a kitten of comparable age to the new one so she might have a playmate?