Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
20-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #21

Re: Name suggestions please

I can't sew to save my life, cleaning and ironing there's already a few companies about that do that in this area. Big companies like Johnsons etc.

If you know anyone who wants that purrfect pets name Elaine your welcome to pass it on to them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Do you have any suggestions about what I can do to get an income then Elaine? Part of my trouble is I just do not so well in interviews.
Maybe you need to try to get some help with Interviews etc, maybe the job centre can help with that.
Even in the dog walking/pet sitting venture, when you visit clients for the first time, it is an interview. They want to know what your experience is and that their animal will be safe in your hands aswell as their homes, remember you will hold keys for their homes. And like wise you will want to know the animals history, vaccinations etc etc.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
I can't sew to save my life, cleaning and ironing there's already a few companies about that do that in this area. Big companies like Johnsons etc.

If you know anyone who wants that purrfect pets name Elaine your welcome to pass it on to them

Doesnt matter if there are big companies doing it, sometimes people want the small and friendly people. Food for thought anyway.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #24

Job centre are useless, they are not very helpful round here been asking for help for a while but they just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #25

Being self-employed and running your own business isn't easy at all, as Elaine has carefully explained. I think it takes a certain type pf personality to succeed; I know I didn't have any aspirations for it when I was working; I'm an excellent empoyee 9 - 5 and no responsibilities afterwards. Being your own boss means you're on duty 24-7. RCR.if I were you I'd look for a job as an employee; I don't know how bad employment opportunities are in your area, but I'd keep looking. I hope you don't mind my speaking frankly .....

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #26

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/ind...articleid=2453

http://www.onenottingham.org.uk/inde...rticleid=12968

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #27

Very helpful links Elaine

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #28

Thanks for those Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
20-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #29

I know jobs are hard going atm, my oh has ben looking for a year! Sorry if it's none of my business, but have you moved in with your boyf yet? If not I dont see why the job centre should stop your payments!
I dont really have much advice on what you could do but all the jobs up here seem to be in nursing homes or bar work. I wouldnt really like to suggest going ahead with the dog walking either if you aren't too confident or familiar with dogs, I have been all my life and wouldnt like more than one at a time, saying that my mums dogs a pain in the butt maybe thats why!! If you wanted to do some sort of pet sitting I think your best sticking to what you know, small furries all have different needs and requirements, just cos i have rats I wouldnt even know about say guinea pigs! Good luck with whatever you figure!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #30

There always seems to be lots of care work around, do you fancy that? I have just been made redundant after 15 years so you have my sympathy, I got another job as a care worker, but tbh it isn't really for me. We are foster carers and will take on another child.