Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #1

Nsurance hassle - tear your hair out time...

As most of you know, Tim was a wee feral & when we got him I saw the telltale dark brown wax in his ears. Vet used one application of ear cleaner & he had one week of ear drops & that was it.

Vet mentioned the ear mites on the "free" 4 weeks ins with Petplan you get when you register a new pet. When the four weeks were up i decided to follow through with the insurance as the vet we were with at the time had a deal with PP whereby the vet claimed directly from PP & thus less hassle. Tho & behold when Policy came through there was an exclusion on ear disorders

I rang them explained many many puppies & kittens have earmites & how quickly they are got rid of & PP agreed, *however they stated the exclusion stood, *they wouldnt budge. The ear disorder *Exclusion stayed put. It rankled but they said after 6 months if he was clear the exclusion would be lifted!

Made my phone call 6 months later & they asked for proof which vet supplied. Happy days or so i thought. In meantime we moved from the area & registered with new vet

Got Tim's policy renewal two weeks ago - exclusion to ear disorders.*

Phoned them - they wanted proof he had been ear clear for past three months. Vet faxed them through affirmation of this fact. Got the policy through again at beginning of this week - guess what - ear disorders exclusion!*

*Phoned the Vet, they phoned Petplan who said not to worry they would send out an amended policy. I got the amended policy yesterday & guess what - exclusion to ear disorders

So i really feel i am beating my head against a brick wall here. I will phone them yet again today, however i really dont expect to get anywhere

Anyone else had similar problems with Petplan? Any advice on how this can be resolved?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #2

Re: Nsurance hassle - tear your hair out time...

What a nightmare! I've not had any problems, but then, I've not had anything to bother about that way. Sheesht!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #3

What a to-do. I have an exclusion with Monty re his heart murmur even though it is common in young puppies and was never heard again other than at first exam. Not with Pet Plan though, although I do have Pet Plan for both my cats.

It actually sounds like an error - somebody hasn't unchecked something on their database at Pet Plan. It's a nightmare, but I would keep at them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #4

I would agree with Angie, sounds like some sort recurring error on their part. I havent ahd any problems with Pet Plan, infact I cannt praise them enough for all the help they give me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

How maddening! Hope you can finally get it sorted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #6

The advisor i spoke to said she didnt understand it as tge exclusion was definitely lifted! So, they are to send another policy out, hopefully this time without the exclusion!!