Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #61

Re: Elsa update...HELP!!

............ and that strange pedigree/different pedigree cross thing again? I don't understand that.
Your moggie will turn up sometime, maybe a fully grown one, with a sweet character. Smudgley would put a word in for you! Seriously, there are always sad cases of people who have to give up a much loved, spoilt and beautifully behaved cat due to sad circumstances - divorce, loss of house etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #62

I don't understand it either-this woman is a compulsive liar-we were told, if i remember rightly, she had two accidental litters sired by the same cat..and that her females would be done once the kittens had gone-LIES!!! both those queens (including Elsas ma who lost all bar two kittens) have gone on to be bred from, AND this woman has aquired MORE cats for her 'stock'
Maybe in years to come there may be a room for a slightly older rescue moggie who had a rough start-but not for a long time me thinks.
I would like advice on where to start to look for a new home for Elsa?!?-rescue shelter/organisation? private rehoming? other?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #63

So sorry to hear this Luke but you did your best with Elsa and gave her every chance...

She is obviously unhappy around other animals

I'm sure that after a while another kitten/cat will come along and capture you heart

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
I would like advice on where to start to look for a new home for Elsa?!?-rescue shelter/organisation? private rehoming? other?
Any and all I would think Luke. Give them a completely candid account of her life to date and her good and bad points. She is much more likely to find the right home if you are honest.
Do you think she would like a job in a stables/farm, that sort of thing. If so try to find the right place for a private ad - whether it's a postcard in a shop window or a small ad in a local paper.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Any and all I would think Luke. Give them a completely candid account of her life to date and her good and bad points. She is much more likely to find the right home if you are honest.
Do you think she would like a job in a stables/farm, that sort of thing. If so try to find the right place for a private ad - whether it's a postcard in a shop window or a small ad in a local paper.
Good luck
Right...rang the CP and left detals to get back to us..RSPCA were utterlly useless (no surprises!!)
and rang one of my aunts who manages a stableyard not too far away...she cant take Elsa on as she has her crowd of terriers who see to the vermin and would probably see to a cat too but she said she will ring around some pals of hers who run/own stables in and around Coventry and see what she can do..
IMO that sorta life would be Elsa's dream..she likes nowt better than to go hunting and the great outdoors-so that widestrech of territory of a stableyard/farm sorta place, with the bonus of little if any human contact would be her ideal sorta life maybe?!?!

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #66

Luke - a sudden thought! You will get her spayed before you release her won't you?????? Just thinking of those people with £££££s in their eyes who might see it as a great opportunity to get a beautiful breeding queen - and who cares about temperament when you can make money

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Luke - a sudden thought! You will get her spayed before you release her won't you?????? Just thinking of those people with £££££s in their eyes who might see it as a great opportunity to get a beautiful breeding queen - and who cares about temperament when you can make money
Most definatley DM-think its being arranged this afternoon when going to the vets.
We have decided we would prefer to privatley rehome her to a stable/farm sorta life as she really does love the outside world-and preferablly to someone who we know will look after her and maybe we can pop along and see her once in a while..

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #68

That sounds like Elsa-heaven.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #69

Think it may be woth posting on the rescue bit of DW in search of a sorta stableyard life for her?!?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
03-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #70

Definitely worth trying, I'd say. The more people who know she needs a new home, the more offers you might get, so you can pick the best one.

I'm sorry there was no magic solution, but perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise for all of you?