Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #51

Re: Elsa update...HELP!!

My two had dissolving ones - they actually only had one stitch each as my vet did a kinda keyhole surgery thing - was absolutely amazing!!!

After about half an hour Misty had eaten her stitch and the wound didnt need re doing as the vet says he usually only puts the stitch in to keep the owners happy as such a small incision would heal without a stitch!!!

Hopefully Elsa will have no problems with her stitch/wound as they dont really get bothered by the whole experience. I was amazed how my cats were just the same when they got home with no side effects!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #52

Good point DM. My vets will use dissolvables if I ask & I always do with the ferals.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #53

Don't know if you remember Luke, when we first got Oliver he was evil, he would lash out with the claws and sink his teeth in to you and not let go....He really was a nasty kitten, I had him spayed as soon as he was big enough, and it has made a difference....He has become very loving now....Hope it works as well for Elsa...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #54

Violets stitch was dissolvable. Mau Mau was already done x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #55

Only just caught this Luke. I am so sorry you are in this situation. It is very sad but I too would be incredibly wary of a cat which attacked with a vengeance and without provocation. I hope the spaying works. If not I think you should mull over what the future may bring - for both of you. Your life may well change hugely over the next 10 - 12- 14 years; you will have to think whether it can seriously accomodate an unpredictable and potentially dangerous large cat. Sorry x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #56

Quote:
At the risk of getting shouted at, if a pet of mine attacked as you say, unprovoked, it would be PTS by now! Dogs, Cats, makes no odds, a pet that attacks has no place in todays society. Sorry if it upsets, but I feel strongly about this subject.
I am afraid I agree - this sounds like one very unhinged pussy cat. I am sure she cannot be happy (nothing to do with you or your home) and it would seem that every day there are situations that push her just a bit further. I could under no circumstances allow any animal to upset the family (and by this I mean my pet family) in this way as sad as it is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #57

Well....mom returned back from down the south today, we had a chat and have decided Elsa will be rehomed in due course, for the fact 1) No pet should be feared by their owner 2) Three of the four other pet occupants of this house were here before Elsa and its not fair that they have to suffer (clementine has started pulling her fur out-stress related maybe as elsa keeps picking on her?!?) and 3) It isnt fair for Elsa herself that she should lead a life she obviouslly isn't happy with.
We will find her the best home possible where her new 'parents' understand her issues, and a home where she has no other housemates or children.
I'm not too sure how to go about finding her a new home though...go through a rescue organisation? Private rehoming?
I do, however, feel a right royal failiure-first kitten that i've brought up myself and she ends up like this! Also have vowed no more felines now-Clem can live her days out royalling it over the dogs, and i really couldnt go through this sorta heartache again.
Thanks for all your advice and support

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #58

Sorry to hear this Luke, you have tried and its not working, maybe you are right and Elsa will do better as an only pet...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #59

That is a very sad but probably very wise decision. It cannot have been easy for you.
I don't think you should beat yourself up - Elsa did not have the best of starts did she? Obviously she could not get away from it.
And never say never ........... there are lots of kits and cats needing good homes. Maybe the right one will find you at some point in the future. Just let it happen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #60

Thanks Both-maybe irrational but i rang her so called "breeder" *found the phone number last night* this morning and gave her a peice of my mind...told her that she was totally irresponsible and did she realise the hurt she caused people by unleashing these unhandled kittens on them-and how could she have let Elsa go to a new home knowing she was ill at the time.
You want to know the response i got?!?!
"Well....i've got some persian x bengal kittens for sale if you want to replace the one you're rehoming?!?!"
Needless to say i gave her a rather nice reply back and slammed the phone down on her!
It is cold hearted, incosiderate, money making, LYING people like this that should never be allowed animals let alone to breed them!
And she told us they were accidental litters...pffft!