Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
30-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #21

Re: Problem: Leia and Onyx!

I don't know what to suggest, all of mine have accepted newbie readily except tabs, she took about 8 months to accept the others but was just very slowly slowly, but there was never any real fights, they just kept out of each others way.

Now if it was dogs i'd have 101 things to try.

Good luck with them though, the advice given has been good, I agree with getting each others loose fur and leaving it around the 'other's' territory, and maybe a bit of litter, try and get onyx to go in a litter and then bring it inside to Leia's tray.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
I don't know what to suggest, all of mine have accepted newbie readily except tabs, she took about 8 months to accept the others but was just very slowly slowly, but there was never any real fights, they just kept out of each others way.

Now if it was dogs i'd have 101 things to try.

Good luck with them though, the advice given has been good, I agree with getting each others loose fur and leaving it around the 'other's' territory, and maybe a bit of litter, try and get onyx to go in a litter and then bring it inside to Leia's tray.
That sounds like a great idea, except I have no idea where she toilets!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #23

Lets look at it from Leia's point of view, she has lived in that house since she was a kitten right? Thats her domain, she hasnt known anything else. The sudden sight, sound and smell of Onyx in her house would be the equivalent of us waking in the middle of the night to find some one sitting in your lounge, on your sofa, watching your telly
How would you feel? Frightened, angry, apprehensive, defensive? All of those I'd imagine, these are primitive emotions and all ones that cats share.
Surely better to get to know some one before allowing them into your personal space and for me that takes time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #24

http://wizz-catz.co.uk/introducing.html