Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #11

Re: pics of Meeka

oh my goodness she is so beautiful, wow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
16-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #12

Meeka has grown up into such a beautiful cat She has the cutest face

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies, 1 NFC & 1 Ragdoll
19-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #13

awww she is beautiful and has such lovely markings . Tabby cats can be so beautiful and I love her spotty tummy, who knows maybe she has some bengal in her or maybe she is just a beautiful tabby. Whatever way she is totally stunning!!!

Re the head collar, strange as we've had girl cats sprayed before and never had to do that. How long does she have to wear it for? I know most animals hate it and I can see why but sometimes its for the best if only they could understand that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #14

Of my three female cats, one had been spayed before I rehomed her; the other two didn't have the collars, and never worried at their stitches. That was quite a few years ago, it seems to be more common now.

Cats owned: moggy
20-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkin

Re the head collar, strange as we've had girl cats sprayed before and never had to do that. How long does she have to wear it for? I know most animals hate it and I can see why but sometimes its for the best if only they could understand that!
She had the op on a wednesday and initially had to wear it for 7 days but she managed to get it off within minutes of arriving home and pulled at her stitches, I did get it back on her, then, on the friday she had a checkup at the vets and they said she needed to have it on for a further 10 days as she had pulled one stitch out, I arrived home on the following tuesday and she had pulled the collar off again and she was so happy and running round like a new kitty that I left it off, her scar was ok and she had pulled all but one stitch out.
She still has one left in that is sticking out a bit but it doesn't bother her now, her fur is starting to grow back now too, they shaved so much off it was horrible watching her bumping into everything though, I felt really bad for her as I couldn't explain why she need it on.
I'm just glad it's all over now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #16

Meeka's just beautiful!!! Glad to read that the collar is now off . . . . that's is a very irresistable tum she's got there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #17

She will be fine, mine pulled at their stitches, one of them had just one left within a few days and the other 2 had 2 left if I remember right. Vet said her kitten pulled hers the first night and healed fine. Long as the wound is knitted together she will be fine i'm sure. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #18

I had to take Leia's stitches out myself! My friend who rescued her had taken to her vet for the op just before she came to me, and he was way down in the country. I was a bit embarrassed to take her to my vet as he hadn't done the job, and Nora, who was a RN, said it would be easy. Ha! Not! Fortunately Leia isn't a no-touch-the-tummy cat, but she thought this was a game and kept wiggling; I was scared to death I was going to stick her with the little sewing scissors. It took about 4 days, getting one or two stitches out each time .... they were bright purple ... never again!!!