Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
10-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #1

Ebony's moods are changing like the wind tonight

First she'll give Tigger a wash, then she'll suddenly yowl at Tigger and have a boxing match with her, then she'll go back to washing her, then have another boxing match, she's been doing this on and off most of the day. Any ideas why her moods are changing so rapidly? It's just been today she's been like this, normally she'll give Tigger a wash and only bash her if Tigger decides the game of bash Ebony's head or pounce on her tail are fun games..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #2

Re: Ebony's moods are changing like the wind tonight

I feel your pain!! My harris is a nightmare at imes with Skye!! He will groom her, lay close to her, then he is tryingt o back paw and bite her!!

Like your Ebony, 5mins later he is back grooming her!!

No idea why they do it but i kno how you feel!! TBH, i dont mind when Harris does it as it means he is feeling good which is great as he has been soo poorly at times

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
11-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #3

Thanks pamela I wasn't sure if it was because both my girls are girls (obviously!) or whether there was something else going on, just thought - maybe they're practicing defending themselves against a strange cat when they do it? Have no idea though, just a sudden random thought .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #4

I have a photo of my 2 "boxing"!! its hilarious!! i think its their way of playing but also testing each other x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
14-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

It may be a case of 'We want the same things so let's just get on.. But I WILL remind you buddy who's the boss!'. They say some cats often 'tolerate' each other. It's amazing really cats get on so well at all seeing as they're essentially solitary hunters. :/