Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 former-ferals.
06-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #1

Hello from me and my two kitties :) {very picture heavy}

Hi! My name is Bailee and I have two cats- Natasha and Pepper (My username is short for Pepper and Natasha). : )

Recently these two feral cats adopted us.

Here's a bit about each of them:

Natasha
A gorgeous, medium sized, short haired, black and white female cat. Natasha was named after the character Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow), from Marvel's The Avengers. She has been roaming around our house for months, but it was on June 29 that I was able to suddenly befriend her. Since then, she has become quite the sweetie and has stuck around.

'tasha is more independent and comes and goes as she pleases usually but comes running if I give Pepper too much attention or if I call her excitedly. She's a lap kitty at times and likes being on my lap and being pet- but you can't pet her back or belly because she gets over-stimulated and attacks (seems like she's playing but it hurts)! She loves to play with toys and string as well and is pretty energetic and spazzy. She's kind of a crazy cat.. Completely nuts really. She likes to hunt and eat mice and birds too. She does a lot of stalking.

She has chased most other feral cats away besides Pepper for some reason.. well one night she almost attacked the crap out of poor Pep but I stopped her. But anyway, now on to Pepper!

Pepper
A pretty and small brown mackerel tabby colored kitten with Turkish Angora-length fur. Pepper was named after the character Pepper Potts in Marvel's Iron Man. Pepper has been hanging around a couple weeks, stealing 'tasha's food and running from us... I thought she would be one of those cats that just hang around but keep away.. which is what she had been doing. But I gave her some canned food on July 26 (at night) and she was ALL over me. Her personality changed DRASTICALLY that night.

Pep is a hell of a lot more needy than 'tash. If I'm petting Natasha she has to be RIGHT there (which can be a pain since 'tasha tries to avoid Pep, so she tends to walk away when Pep comes up) and she'll meow incessantly if I don't pet her right away. She will even sit at the door or windows of the house and meow at us. She likes rolling on her back and having her belly pet and she'll lay on your lap with her belly up and nap and you can play with her front paws, make her dance, she is so chill. She gives kisses sometimes too. She likes to chase bugs a lot too.

Now, neither of them can live in the house, according to my parents. It really wouldn't work out but they seem to enjoy the outside. They stay in the garage at night though my mom and I let them come in the house supervised sometimes. I have a feeling one day they may be able to stay in for a while, but they do seem to really enjoy the outdoors... what they have now is better than remaining ferals like they were before. We are spending a lot more money on them than any normal person would on two formerly-feral cats x)

And yes, they are spayed. We took them in on Thursday. Natasha was apparently already spayed but had no microchip (and seeing as she has been around for months..) Pepper was spayed then. They also both got their rabies shots. More vaccinations will be done soon I believe. There's a special/sale at the Humane Society.

Anyway, ready for pictures of my babies?

By the way, all of the pictures were taken with my phone C:

Natasha

Pepper

Both of them together!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #2

Re: Hello from me and my two kitties :) {very picture heavy}

They are both beautiful! Such lovely markings on them. Very lucky girls to have found you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #3

What gorgeous kitties! They look very comfortable, some great photos, I especially like the real close-ups. Thanks for sharing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #4

Welcome,great intro and beautiful pics.What lucky cats to have found you or should I say clever cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #5

Hello! Many welcomes to you & your beautiful furry family
Lovely photos of your kitties - hope to see more of those precious faces!

06-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

TiggerMoon, Thank you from the both of them! : ) I like to think that too. We're lucky too though! I love them!

angieh, Thank you! They are pretty comfortable around us : ) And for that I am so glad! They are pretty wary about other people, but with us they follow us and love on us. Every time I sit down, Natasha is jumping into my lap! Thank you! I love taking close-ups : D

Shelley123, Thank you! Ahah, they are very clever. Especially Pepper since she came after Natasha. I just hope no more come along! We can't afford to take in any more, we never planned on a second one, lol! But the only other cats that have come around was an all-gray one that Natasha chased away and a big black one that tried to get to Pep before she was spayed.

HappyKatz, Thank you! : ) I actually have more in my furry family as well- two dogs and three rabbits! So we're a full house/garage! XD I will definitely be sharing more pictures in the future : ) In fact... here are some more!

This picture shows how Pepper's eyes are so cool! They are like a teal-y green/blue but they look either green or blue in different lighting... somehow in this picture her eyes had a different amount of light so she looks like she has two different colored eyes!

I love how Natasha has the black patches on the back of each of her legs C:

And Pepper cleaning herself the first day after I befriended her!

I was looking around for a while for a cat forum to join... and I am glad I found this one! You all seem so friendly! : )

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
06-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #7

Great photos,i too love the close up ones.Its always special when our furry friends choose to live with us.Both beautiful pussycats.

06-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #8

Thank you jacks! : ) It is, that is why I believe that everything happens for a reason! : D Thank you from the both of my girls <3

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #9

hi and welcome!

beautiful cats, and what great pics!

06-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #10

Thank you very much! : ) From me AND the kitties!