Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1

Don't forget the £ a day challenge

Well people don't forget the £ a day challenge...still time to catch up in effect if have a £10 to put in your pot. That puts you level. It really does help and surprising how you can put a £ aside.....easily you can spend that or break it with a morning paper or packet of crisps.
£ a day means £350+ by next Christmas or keep going ......the sooner you start the quicker you get into the habit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #2

Re: Don't forget the £ a day challenge

Great idea Kazz. Christmas was good for us financially this year as I saved £400+ with Park for vouchers and had £100 Morrisons stamps, really made a difference. May start the £1 a day idea too!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #3

An excellent way of saving Kazz and it's surprising how it adds up by next Christmas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #4

Excellent idea!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #5

Think I will join you Kazz....

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #6

Tell you whats a not bad idea either is I round up the shopping amount ie if shopping comes to £26 I round up to £30 when in sainsburys and put the £4 on their "gift card" you can add any amount to the card you carry the top up bit with you and the bit of the card you need to spend it is safe in the house. You can add up to £750 to one card......I ended up with £312 on mine this year....but just rounding up when I had the spare change/ cash.You can add anything from a £1 upwards. You get a balance everytime you top up too. I choose Sainsburys for this because this is where I mainly shop. You don't have to spend the card all in one time and no use by date.Then with the loyalty nectar card from them I ended up with £160 on that too. You get nectar points on every top up too .Surprising how the £1.27 add up throughout the year

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #7

I opened a basic Co Op account to have the £'d put into and chuck it into that when I get a bit in the pot I can pay it in to the post office. So do that and the account has a debit card so I can spend happily at Christmas knowing its money for Christmas not money from next years credit card bill.I intend to put all my lottery winnings into that too...see how positive I am thinking

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #8

I am impressed Karen I would love to do it, but tbh, I'm lucky to have a pound left at the end of the week lol! I have however opened a credit union account and £5 each week comes out of my bank account and goes into it. Trying to save for a really nice holiday in a few years. Perhaps to eurodisney. I also have my change jar for all my loose coppers and 5ps, so that will add up too

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #9

In that case Alex you are doing it ....I have a credit union account too and volunteer there once a month I give them my "day off" I think its they are a brilliant idea an old fashioned concept (like the Saturday club that factories etc used to run)that is bang on for the 21st century.And you'd be surprised how quick the copper adds up and 5ps seem to multiply.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Tell you whats a not bad idea either is I round up the shopping amount ie if shopping comes to £26 I round up to £30 when in sainsburys and put the £4 on their "gift card" you can add any amount to the card you carry the top up bit with you and the bit of the card you need to spend it is safe in the house. You can add up to £750 to one card......I ended up with £312 on mine this year....but just rounding up when I had the spare change/ cash.You can add anything from a £1 upwards. You get a balance everytime you top up too. I choose Sainsburys for this because this is where I mainly shop. You don't have to spend the card all in one time and no use by date.Then with the loyalty nectar card from them I ended up with £160 on that too. You get nectar points on every top up too .Surprising how the £1.27 add up throughout the year

You would also get your nectar points when you used the money on the card too!!