Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #51

Re: Can we have your prayers please?

What good news!!! When Arthur was hit by a car a few years ago, his pelvis was separated from his spine, he had cage rest for a few weeks and now is more or less 100% - gets a bit tender there now and again if you keep picking him up but he runs about with no problems at all.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
06-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #52

I've only just seen this thread, what a relief that Lucky pulled through. I do so hope she will make a full recovery.

And Catkin, what a lovely person you are to take so much trouble over the little cat that you couldn't avoid hitting, you undoubtedly saved her life. If only more people would do that when they hit an animal, whether wild or domestic, it would make such a difference.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #53

Great news, will continue to pray for a speedy recovery now she is home!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #54

That is great news. Smudge has pins in her pelvis after an RTA but other than being a bit stiff in wet weather you wouldn't know. Gentle chin tickles to Lucky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #55

Good news Midnight! I'm sure Lucky will live up to her name Glad to hear she's home.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 X Shorthair non pedigrees
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkin
Firstly I am so sorry to hear about poor Lucky and about being run over. I can't believe the people didn't even stop even if it was a total accident.

Secondly, so pleased to hear she is OK and has come home for cage rest. I really wish her all the best in her recovery and I hope she'll be OK. She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

As a side note, a year or so ago we sadly ran over a cat (by accident as it just sprinted across the road before we saw it or could stop) and we did everything for the cat. We pulled over and searched for it, found it in the builders yard and got permission to go it. Had to go through everything till we found her hidden, had to pull her out even though she bite us etc however we never let go. We got her and rushed her straight to the vets, stayed with her and regularly visited the vets until her owner was found. We searched for her owner by getting it on the local radio and everything. The owner came forward, they were lovely and so grateful that we did what we did as if we hadn't she probably would of died. We got to visit her several times at her home and it was such a relieve that she was OK in the end. Shame more people wont do things like this .
Sorry to hear your story, it must be awful to run one over, they are so silly sometimes leaving their safe place on one side of the road diving straight in front of the car, I've seen so many near misses. You were fabulous to do what you did! I am so grateful to the guy who knocked our door, she would have died out there in the cold & wet overnight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #57

Catkin, thanks for sharing that story with us. If only more people were like you....
I had no idea so many cats here have had broken pelvises and survived and are OK now.

Catsey Junior

06-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
What good news!!! When Arthur was hit by a car a few years ago, his pelvis was separated from his spine, he had cage rest for a few weeks and now is more or less 100% - gets a bit tender there now and again if you keep picking him up but he runs about with no problems at all.

Glad he's ok, thanks or the support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #59

So pleased to hear Lucky is home with you, a much nicer environment than the vets!

(I had no idea that pelvic injuries were treated with cage rest, I assumed an operation, shows how little I know!)

Catsey Junior

06-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #60

I've just been put straight, Lucky's pevis is badly fractured, not shattered sorry all. I got the word wrong , she's in the vets tomorrow for her check up so fingers crossed it goes well.