Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-06-2023, 06:35 AM   #1

Thursday Daily.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday 5pm here after a coolish day, but no rain. I've just been out to feed the birds on the back lawn. and I'll feed them again soon They're very hungry this time of year. I think I've finally managed to find a cat groomer who will come here and just give my cats a "sanitary cut" which is what she calls it. She tells me that quite a lot of cats require this !!! I thought mine were the only ones who have no idea how to clean themselves, but apparently not. That makes me feel better. Haven't done much again today. - just cleaned up the front conservatory and washed all the cats bedding. My sinuses are continuing to improve and I finish the antibiotics tomorrow, so they must have helped.

Janna has been getting a bit of pain in her mouth today but has taken some pain relief. She now has a black eye on one side as well as a lot of bruising on her face, which hasn't gone away yet. She is working on Saturday so will have to put some concealer under her eye to hide it. Her mask covers the rest of her face anyway.

Long weekend this weekend for King's birthday.. In a couple of weeks I'm having an MRI scan. I've never had one before and I'm a bit scared. It's of my head, as I keep getting noises in my ears, especially one ear. It's not ringing but it's like my heart beat. My doctor wants to rule out anything sinister going on in my brain. They'll probably tell me I don't have a brain. He doesn't think it's anything bad, but just wants to check. I know I have to go into an enclosed tunnel type thing and have something injected into my arm. Have either of you ever had an MRI ? If so, can you let me know what it's like please?

PAMELA, how lovely to finish work on Friday and have 2 weeks off You'll be so looking forward to going to Blackpool, I hope you have a great time and have heaps of fun. Where are the dogs and cats going ? They'll miss you both, but I'm sure they will be well looked after. I hope you get some good weather while you are away.

SHELLEY, silly me not knowing what a Carpenters tribute was. I hope you enjoyed it, but I'm sorry you had a couple of falls. Thank goodness you didn't break anything. I hope you are having a great time in Scotland and I'm pleased you are having good weather so you can go into the sea and use that new wet suit. Hope the pups are having a good holiday as well.

Well ladies I'm off now to take the cats out for a bit. The birds have all gone and it's getting dark. We'll just have soup tonight as Janna's mouth is sore. Nice and easy for me.

Have a great Thursday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-06-2023, 08:39 AM   #2

Re: Thursday Daily.

Hello ladies,
Having a great time here, the weather is marvellous. We have been in the sea twice so far and my wetsuit is worth every penny.
Hopingvto go in again soon.
This morning we ate goungvto explore a garden we haven't been to before and the lunch out.
Pamela, hope your week is going well.
Enjoy Blackpool, its only 40 minuitscaway from me, dont go falling on the pier like me, lol.
Dinky so pleased you have found a cat groomer.
Ive had some sort of scan were my top half went in a tunnel, not sure whether CT or MRI.
It was to scan my lungs, i had dye injected too.
It was absolutely fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-06-2023, 04:07 PM   #3

Re: Thursday Daily.

Good afternoon.

Dinky sorry to hear Janna is still in pain and bruised. Hopefully it settles soon. Soo glad you found a groomer as well. You must be relieved you can get them trimmed. I’ve never had an mri or anything like that but my mum was terrified of things like that and when she was poorly she had a few in the space of a couple of days and from what I’ve been told she was fine. I’m sure everything will be ok.

Shelley glad you’re having a lovely time at the caravan. The weather will be beautiful! I will try not to fall on the pier!! We have been to Blackpool so many times but keep going back!

I’m just at the vets with Skye for her boosters. She is not a happy girl with me!! Hubby was meant to be here but he has been caught at work so won’t make it. Thankfully it’s just a check up.

Have a lovely evening ladies