Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-05-2023, 08:23 AM   #1

warm Saturday daily

Hi everyone,
Saturday evening 6:30pm here after a nice warm day, good for the washing. it's cooling down now though, but is meant to be nice tomorrow again. I spent last weekend out at Brenna's' trying to spend time with Oren who was very upset. Brenna had been up in Auckland for a conference and couldn't get back on Saturday as arranged because the flights had all been cancelled due to bad weather. Oren became very agitated and Jared didn't know how to calm him and he asked me to come out there. I seem to be able to get round Oren (usually) and distract him, which Jared can't do. Brenna finally arrived back on Monday but then Oren demanded that he come home and stay with me. This always happens when I go out there. I couldn't take him, as Janna was having her tooth out the next day and i had to be there for her, so Brenna had to take a couple of days off work to stay with Oren. He's calmed down again now thank goodness.

Janna had that tooth out on Tuesday. She was terrified but now realizes that she had nothing to worry about. As soon as he gave her the intravenous sedation, she remembered nothing.at all and felt no pain. She came home with 3 different kinds of pain relief and a course of antibiotics and so far, has not needed to take any pain relief at all.Her face and lips are swollen and a bit bruised but she's fine. She's been off work and isn't working next week either until next Saturday, so it's nice having her at home for a bit.

my sinuses are a lot better now, thanks to the antibiotics. I'm on them for another week and hopefully nothing will flare up after that. I've been trying to find a cat groomer. Found one lady but she's a long way out and she also bathes the cats ,which I don't want. There is a mobile pet groomer that comes to the home, so might look into her. I only really want their bottoms shaved as it's impossible to keep them clean with all that white fur. I bought a container of Tushie Wipes online this morning which are designed for this sort of problem in cats and dogs. I don't really want to keep washing them as it tends to matt their fur.

On a much nicer note, I'm just going to have pumpkin soup for tea. Janna can't eat anything too hard for a while. Might have some fejoias and warm custard for dessert

PAMELA,,gosh how lovely that you've got your new bikes so quickly and I bet you're both enjoying getting out and about on them. How awful that poor Robyn got attacked by a dog last week.I'm pleased she wasn't upset by it and she wasn't hurt at all. How is your hay fever ? I hope it's continuing to settle down with the new medication. it might clear up in summer. I think the bad time for hay fever is Spring, at least it is over here, according to my sister. She also gets bad hay fever. How is Melanie enjoying being a working girl ? I hope she loves her job and is enjoying having her own money. I know Janna does. I hope your dad is continuing to do well Pamela. with no more health scares.

SHELLEY,I guess you will be in Scotland now and I hope the weather is good for you and you can spend some time on your body boards in the sea. The pups will enjoy the beach as well. Did you enjoy the carpenter's tribute last week ? I'm not quite sure what a carpenter's tribute is actually. Are your cousins spending the week in Scotland with you ? it would be lovely to get together with them again, especially if you are able to get into the sea. I hope your dad (and Reuben) are both doing well and your dad's face has healed now.

Well ladies, I'm off now to heat up that soup now. I'll crush a few potato chips and sprinkle them on top. - yummy. Thank you both for your kind wishes towards Janna and the infamous tooth. She has the tooth at home with her - it's actually in pieces because he had to cut it out in sections !!!! I really don't know why she had to bring it home. As long as she keeps it away from me !!!

Have a fantastic Saturday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-05-2023, 06:06 PM   #2

Re: warm Saturday daily

Evening Dinky,

So glad to hear that Janna has finally gotten that tooth out!! hopefully the swelling and bruising go down soon and she doesnt have anymore pain. Thats a shame that Oren didnt settle for Jared, so good you were able to go and stay for a couple of days. He sounds like he enjoys having his gran with him!! Have you heard back from Paddy? Glad your sinuses have settled, sounds like your antibiotics are working!! i love how Janna has brought her tooth home with her!!

Shelley, enjoy your trip to the caravan whilst the schools are off/ Hope the weather stays good as its been lovely recently.

I havent been upto much just working this week. I was mantrialing with Robyn this morning and the trainer decided to see what tools Robyn has in her toolbox and she excelled herself!! The trainer wouldnt normally give such a new to trailing dog the challenges she gave Robyn today but she knew she could handle it and she was straight on finding the person she was scenting and even ignored a RABBIT and kept trailing!! She is a wee superstar!!! If Janna is on [Sys edit: Contains pet forums], get her to show you Positive school of training posts from today and you will see her photos!! the videos will probably go up as well. We went out on the bikes for a bit when i got back but the rain started so we headed home and ended up going to a lovely indian restaurant for dinner. We have been before but it was a couple of years ago but the food was as good as i remember! sitting relaxing tonight and may even have a wee pink gin to wash down the cakes we bought for dessert!!

Bikes again tomorrow if its nice. Im also off on Monday for the bank holiday and i am taking Robyn to the groomers as she is long overdue a tidy up!!

Have a lovely weekend ladies