Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-05-2023, 06:29 AM   #1

Friday and no rain for a change !

Good morning ladies,
Friday 4;30pm here and it's been great to see a bit of sun today, as it's been raining ,thunder and lightning the past few days. Still no flooding in the conservatory though . I am starting to feel more hopeful that I won't have to replace the whole roof. My sinus problem has been terrible as well and i went to the doctor yesterday and got some more antibiotics ,I just wish the toothache would stop - it's not really my teeth, but it certainly feels like it. I've been wanting to do some shopping at New World, but haven't felt like going out. I'll have to go tomorrow though ,as the cats need food.
My cousin is now feeling a bit better, although she's still coughing a lot, especially when she talks, so our phone calls are rather short because of that .It's Mothers Day on Sunday and she was meant to be going out for a meal with her son and his partner, but she says she'll have to wait and see how she feels first. Janna is still not the best. She has been working the last few days, but when she comes home, she lies on the couch and goes to sleep. Still not eating - she wanted mashed potato last night, but when I made her some, she only had a tiny bit and said she felt sick. She's very thin anyway and really shouldn't be losing any more weight. She's off work this weekend, thank goodness and next week she only took on three shifts. The week after that ,she's getting her tooth out and the surgeon has told her that she'll need to then take a week off work. Te Pae is very busy at the moment with lots of conferences booked, and Janna feels guilty at turning down shifts that are offered to her. The silly girl is too shy to tell her supervisors about her tooth. She worked a 7am-4pm shift today, so she'll be home soon and I will see what she would like for tea.

PAMELA, wow, a lovely new bike for both you and Steven. I'm glad you treated yourselves. You'll be so looking forward to getting it. I hope you enjoyed your movie last weekend as well.Can't say I'm into Marvel much, but give me horror any day. I'm sorry you've been so busy at work lately, but at least it makes the time go faster. It was great that you had a nice meal out together on Wednesday night after all that hard work. You would have been too tired to cook anyway. Sorry that your dad has had another health scare ,but hopefully the medication has been sorted now and he's on the mend Yes, I agree with you that missing out on going to Benidorm with his mates was probably a blessing in disguise. it would have been terrible had he got ill while he was away from home. I guess he was disappointed though. How is your hay fever ?I do hope you are feeling a bit better now, Pamela. Keep trying to get in to the doctor if it's still bad. You've got to get in sometime. Hope Mia, Robyn, Harris and Skye are all doing well. I'm reading a book at the moment and there are 2 Brittany dogs in it named Rosie and Blaze, who are blind. Not a bad book really.

SHELLEY I'm glad you enjoyed watching the coronation on TV last weekend. That coronation quiche sounds nice and it was nice that all your family shared it. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed the Sunday service and BBQ later. Oh dear, i was sorry to hear that your dad had a fall in the garden. Thank goodness he didn't break anything. His face must be very sore but at least that will heal over time. I hope he feels a lot better soon. Falls can certainly shake you up a ;lot. Hope the pups and Reuben are all doing well.

Ladies, I'm off now to see about tea. Janna isn't home yet, but I'll put some chicken swirls into the oven and put on some veges. Hopefully she'll eat something tonight.

Have a great Friday, ladies and look forward to the weekend. Let's hope it's a good one for all of us, dads included !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-05-2023, 07:35 AM   #2

Re: Friday and no rain for a change !

Hello ladies,
Weather looking fine today so I'll l be takingvtge dogs down the brickcroft.
After that i really must clean the windows, they are filthy.
Its the doll fair tomorrow si I'll also be packing ng the car, ready.
Work has gone well, Pamela, thank you.
Sounds like you have been busy at work too.
Glad your dad is ok.
Dinky, im sorry to hear Janna still isn't well, i do hope she feels better soon.
I went back to pilates this week after a ling break, it was hard, lol.
3 friends and myself have booked a short holiday in December.
We are going to Eastbourne, its a cheap hotel deal, there are excursions to nearby places that have antique shops etc so we will be well suited.