Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-05-2023, 04:04 AM   #1

Sunny Thursday.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday 2;30pm here and it's a pleasantly warm day out there, so much so that I decided to do some washing. Hopefully it will dry, as it's going to rain tomorrow. My sinus problem has been terrible over the past few days and I think I'll have to go back to the doctor as I have another infection. I can't have the heat pump on at all at night now, as I just can't breath with it on. We sit in the cold lounge with a hottie and heat pad and blankets instead. The cats are NOT happy. I seem to get a bit better with the Dyson air con on, but that also makes the room very cold. I leave it going all night in the bedroom though.
Janna has been doing early morning shifts starting at 7am, since the weekend. She has to catch the bus at 6;15am to be there on time and our local bus service isn't available at that time, so she has a long walk down past the river and onto Cashmere Road to the Cashmere bus stop. It's very lonely and secluded and it's also very very dark at that time of the morning, so I've been walking down there with her and waiting at the bus stop. She's always the only one there and the bus is always empty. I then wait at the bus stop until it gets a bit lighter and then walk on home. I used to walk Willow down by the river late at night and felt perfectly safe, but now it's scary on my own, just waiting there. I can't let Janna walk down there on her own . Janna is off today, and was meant to start at 7am tomorrow again, but she's picked up another tummy bug and has been in bed all day. I think she's going to take tomorrow off. I'm rather pleased about that !!!
On Tuesday, all Spark email went down. I thought it was my computer playing up but heard that Spark was having trouble on the TV early morning news. That really brassed me off , as I was expecting to get my electricity bill that morning and wanted to know the payment date. Anyway, it finally got fixed at 8pm that evening so all was well.
Oren has been going to school every day but finishing early. He got very upset yesterday in the classroom for no reason and took off out the door. The teacher aide managed to get him and Brenna rang him and calmed him down on the phone luckily. He was able to finish his school work in a room on his own with the aide, but would not go back into the classroom. Stanley's ears are still not good and he definitely will require surgery. He's still on medication and drops but shakes his head a lot.
Farmhouse casserole on rice tonight. I don't think Janna will want anything though. She looks as white as a ghost, poor girl.

PAMELA, you'll be heading home from Birmingham today, so hope you have a safe trip home. I bet you had a good time away and you would have loved catching up with your special friend again, I'm sure. The girls will be thrilled to see you again. I hope they both behaved themselves for Steven.Sorry you weren't able to test ride the bikes last weekend but at least you were able to window shop in Edinburgh.Let's hope you get some decent weather this weekend and you'll be able to test ride the bikes then I'm sorry ,too, that your hayfever is still playing up Thank goodness the medication has some effect - some relief is better than nothing. I guess it's much the same as sinus really.. I've never had hayfever but I hear it's pretty painful.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you and yours. I suppose you're busy at work and with your dolls. Hope the pups are both OK as well.

Well ladies, I'm off to have a coffee and use my inhaler .Gosh, I really need to buy another box of tissues tomorrow. I'm just about out.

Have a great Thursday Pamela and Shelley.