Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-04-2023, 10:32 PM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning ladies(or perhaps it's still evening ?),
Thursday morning here,8;30am and it's really cold.I see a whole lot of wee sparrows outside on the fence waiting for their morning bowl of seed. Gosh, they look so fragile out there in the cold. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today yet. I don't need to do any more shopping for a fortnight (hopefully), so if it stays fine, i might clean a few windows out the back. My sinus is bad this morning and I'm aching in all my top teeth and under my eyes. Not as bad as poor Janna whose face is now swollen, especially on the side that her wisdom tooth is on. her gums are all inflamed. I'm afraid she's just going to have to put up with it until 23rd May, when she is having the wisdom tooth removed.. She's got strong pain relief tablets from the surgeon and I notice she's having to take them now on a daily basis. It seems ridiculous that she has to wait so long

Brenna arrived back on Saturday and is pleased to be home. They had a nice time in Florida, but Oren was a problem, refusing to sleep in his bed because others had been using it, also refusing to use the shower for the same reason. He wouldn't walk around the theme parks so they actually had to put him in a wheel chair. and wheel him around. he wouldn't go on most of the rides unfortunately and kept running out of restaurants when they ate out.. The psych services are meeting with brenna and Jared tomorrow and he may have to be either home schooled or enrolled in the Correspondence School for a while to see how things go. brenna bought me back a beautiful Disney cinnamon scented candle, some Disney wooden coasters and some perfume. She bought Janna heaps of clothing, a Friends backpack, slippers lip glosses and charms. Janna was thrilled. When they picked up Stanley from the kennels, his ears were all swollen and bleeding inside. brenna took him straight to the After Hours vet clinic and he has very severe ear infections in both ears . When she saw her own vet the next day, she was told he'll require surgery. The poor dog is in obvious pain and he hates having the ear drops put in his ears. Surely the kennel staff must have noticed something was wrong with him, as he looks really miserable. Fiasko the wee cat is pleased to be home again., especially as Stan is too unwell to chase her, and so she is being left in peace.

Not sure what to have for tea tonight - I've got so much food in the house that it becomes a problem. In a fortnight's time ,I'll be hunting frantically for something, anything to eat, but right now, I can choose. We had pumpkin soup and garlic bread for tea last night, but i want something a bit more substantial tonight as it's going to remain cold.

PAMELA, I hope your hay fever is a bit better now. I can strongly recommend a Dyson air purifier if it gets really bad. I have one running in the bedroom at night ,just on sleep mode and it really helps unblock your nose and stops sneezing . I guess other air purifiers are just as good, but I only know about the Dyson. Did you get some new trainers the other day ? You're going to need good footwear if you're doing all that mantrailing with Robyn. I hope Melanie has heard something about her job by now. It's also good that you are putting her name forward for work at your firm. It's not good to put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to work opportunities.

Thank goodness those horses got safely home the other day. it's distressing when you see animals loose on the road AND naughty Harris going so far from home. it was good that you were able to bring him home with you again. You're lucky that Skye doesn't wander away. I hope you're still going out on a test ride on the bike at the weekend Pamela. Who knows, you may not even like it., and if you do, just start saving for it. Robyn's mantrailing classes come first, as she loves them so much.

SHELLEY, hope everything is going well for you and Howard and the pups and you're back into the flow of daily life again after your break. Do you have much going on at the doll club at the moment ? AND how is your Christianity course progressing ? I must say my Bible Study is getting sooo hard now. I've got a lesson to post away, but won't be doing it today ,as I'm not planning on going out. Perhaps tomorrow.

Well ladies, I'm off to go and feed the wee birds their seed, then have a cup of coffee before deciding what to have for tea, then maybe............ just maybe I'll start cleaning a few windows. Or then again, I might just read a bit more of my book. Who knows ?????

Have a really good Thursday Pamela and Shelley.