Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-04-2023, 06:57 AM   #1

Pleasant Monday.

Good morning ladies,
Monday 5;15pm here after a nice day with a bit of wind. Last night we had torrential rain, thunder and lightning and the cats were terrified.!!!!! I was positive everything would flood, but no, there was nothing. We put the brolly sheets down anyway and Janna had the buckets all ready but they weren't needed. The quakes have stopped again, thank goodness but I guess we're always going to have them now. There's so many fault lines opened up under Christchurch Usually if it's a decent sized one, I can hear it coming before the shaking and jolting actually starts, but sometimes, they just happen out of the blue. The cats and the wild birds hate them.
I bought a nice little Ikea alarm clock today online. My own alarm clock is getting old and I was after a spare one for the bedroom. This one lights up and looks cute. I think I might have to replace this computer sooner rather than later. It's started making a funny whining noise now. I'm going to talk to Jared again when they get back.
Tomorrow is a public holiday - ANZAC Day- and all shops are closed for the morning. I'll go down to the mall in the afternoon and do my big shop and anything I can't get locally tomorrow, I'll get from New World on Wednesday. hopefully. Janna will be with me tomorrow as she's not working now until the big Armageddon festival at the weekend.
Chicken apricot rissoles with rice for tea tonight and lots of veges on top. It's going to be a cold night but I'm going to go to bed early, and read my book. Snoddy "helps" me Tomorrow morning I'm going to have to wash poor Miracle again, as I still haven't found a cat groomer reasonably close to here. I also just want all around her bottom shaved ,but the groomers I have spoken to will bath her all over and groom her. I don't want her bathed as she would be terrified. How I wish Lynn hadn't retired. It might just be easier for me to take her to the vet and have it done.

PAMELA, has Melanie heard about her job yet ? I hope it's good news. Sorry about your bad hay fever I understand it must be very painful. Thankfully it is going to rain and that will ease it a bit. Wow, a 10 mile walk with the girls the other day. They must have loved it. Are you able to let them run free at all,? It's good that Robyn is on a long line anyway. AND you're going to test ride another bike next weekend - how exciting for you both. Pamela, you'll be joining the Hell's Angels next. !!!!! I hope you got a good pair of trainers yesterday and that you had a nice time at your dad's. You'll be looking forward to Robyn's mantrailing session tonight. I hope it goes well. for both of you. Oh yes,, I bought a big cream donut for myself from the bakery the other day. I just fancied something sweet. It was yummy.

SHELLEY, I guess you are now back home again and looking forward to going back to work again . Holiday breaks always seem to go so fast, but I'm sure you had a lovely time, and now you can look forward to the next visit to the van. Hope your dad has finished the decorating and that Reuben is continuing to do well.

Well ladies, I'm off to see about tea now.
Have a great Monday and a good week to follow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-04-2023, 04:40 PM   #2

Re: Pleasant Monday.

Good afternoon ladies,

Dinky, so glad to hear the quakes have stopped AND you had no flooding! You must be so relieved! Your alarm clock sounds good. i have one that projects the time onto the ceiling, not that i can see it without my glasses now but i can still see the red glow of it!! Do you have any plans for ANZAC day except shopping? Melanie still hasnt heard back from her interview which i think isnt right especially for a youngster, they should at least come back to her even if she hasnt gotten the job.

your cake sounded lovely!!

Shelley, i hope all is well with you

My day started out interesting!! We were on our walk this morning and 4 horses appeared from almost out of nowhere! no riders or anything. They were quite happily taking themselves for a walk! There is a gypsy camp about half a mile in the direction they have come from so i think they escaped from there as there are always social media posts about them being across form their field in the rugby pitches. Their wander today took them up a hill, across the front of a farm and down another road towards woodland! we crossed the road to keep the girls away so they didnt get spooked but i did put a post on FB saying i had saw them and the owner came back to me thanking me for the info as she was looking for them! They are back home after escaping again and going to the rugby fields! They really need to do something about the fencing in the field they are in. We then heard a cat meowing on the lane on the way home and it was Harris!! he was alot further down that lane than we liked so i had to go pick him up in the middle of bushes and carry him home whilst Steven managed the girls and we saw some rabbits on the path which is unusual so quite a walk!!

I am taking Robyn mantrailing tonight again and i have signed her up for another 2 sessions in May. Not sire if i am goint to get the bike i like as i wouldnt have the spare cash to be able to do things like the mantrailing for Robyn which wouldnt be fair as she enjoys it.

I have also referred Melanie for a job in my work which has come up. Different department but its Mon-Fri which is ideal so will see what happens now.

I better go and get ready for taking Robyn out