Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-04-2023, 06:07 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Tuesday 4;30pm here and it's just started to rain, although not heavily. I think the forecast is for heavy showers through the night but we'll wait and see. Sad news - I rang up about the young Mastiff girl but she had already gone unfortunately. She'd gone a week ago but the seller didn't remove the ad from trademe The mating will be repeated this year but I would rather wait and maybe get a dog that needs rescuing., not a puppy. The right one just hasn't come along yet. I can wait. I certainly don't want to rush into anything and then regret it later My cats have to come first anyway. I've got terrible sinus again and keep blowing my nose all the time. It's really painful under my eyes and my teeth are all aching. I'll put the air con on in the bedroom tonight and that should help. Didn't do much today except vacuum the house, but still can't get the fur off the conservatory carpets. I also steam mopped out the cats bedroom and the bathroom tiles. I heard from my cousin this morning about something horrible. Evidently Environment Canterbury is running a competition for children 14 years and under to see how many feral cats they can shoot.. I feel absolutely disgusted. Many people are against it and the SPCA is trying to get it stopped as we speak. How insane letting young children loose with guns in the first place and how cruel for the poor cats. Granted, I know feral cats are a problem in our rural areas and kill our native birds and bats, but actually encouraging and condoning such cruelty among children is insane. Also how does anyone know the difference between a feral and a pet cat ? Organizers say that if the cat is found with a microchip, then the young "hunter" is disqualified, but that's a bit late for the poor pet cat,and its owners, isn't it . I'm praying that they ban this cruelty. It honestly makes me ashamed to be a NZer. Anyway, enough on that topic. My blood is beginning to boil.

PAMELA,I'm glad you've been having some nice weather and managed to get some washing dry on your new whirligig. I presume that's a circular clothesline. Wow, you must be so very proud of Robyn learning to mantrail so quickly. She really needs to be kept busy, that beautiful girl of yours, and it's great that you can work through the grades with her. How exciting. for you both. She'd make a great search and rescue dog when she completes her course. That new outfit that you bought for your SIL's birthday sounds lovely. Hope it was a good night.AND by now, Melanie will know if she has got her job. I do hope so. She's a lucky girl to have you and Steven on hand to take her to and from her job. It must be hard when you don't drive.

SHELLEY, I hope the weather has also been good for you over the last few days and you're going on lots of fun walks with the pups. Have you been out to any more nice restaurants ? I hope Malaika is managing to stay nice and warm.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see about tea. Was going to have chicken swirls but we both had a big lunch so don't really feel like much. Janna is back at work tomorrow and working 4 days in a row. She managed to get the gig the following week for Armageddon over 2 days ,so she's thrilled.

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-04-2023, 04:34 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily.

Evening Dinky,

I do hope those showers have stayed light for you and not caused any flooding. Thats great that Janna has picked up quite a few shifts and also for the one that she wanted!

Sorry to hear that the pup you had seen has been reserved but it is also a good thing for her. Hoping your sinuses have settled down, my hayfever has been quite bad today, i am hoping the 2nd tablet ive taken will kick in shortly so i can put my contact lenses in as i am going out on the motorbike to meet my friends.

That is shocking that 14 year olds are being encouraged to shoot guns at defenseless animals!!

Shelley, how are you enjoying being back at work? I hope all is going well.

The weather is lovely here tonight as as i mentioned i am meeting some of teh ladies for a bike ride. We are just going a short run for a coffee but just good to get back out. Was in the office today but left early as the others were leaving early to go home and get ready to go to the pub and dinner, i didnt fancy it as i prefer the bike! My niece will find out on Friday about the job so we are keeping fingers crossed for her but we are sure she will get it.

I am away jut now, need to go get ready to head out, hubby is also due in soon so need to make sure Robyn is "secure" before he opens the front door!!!

Have a lovely evening ladies