Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-04-2023, 07:38 AM   #1

Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday 6pm here after a coldish day but no rain. I managed to get all my washing dry - mind you, it had been out all night. No more flooding despite some heavy rain showers the other day. I'm getting sick of this filthy old carpet here in the lounge and really want to replace it, but I can't while there is a risk of flooding still. My new carpet is still rolled up in the hallway. I'm worried that the whole roof might need replacing which will be very expensive.At least if it floods now, then it doesn't matter about this old lounge carpet getting saturated. My bird feeder is now put into a lidded container at night so that it's safe, but the lawn is all dug up overnight. Something is visiting at night, but I don't know what. I've got my eye on a young dog on Trademe. She's nearly 4 months old and a cross between a bull Mastiff (mum) and an English Mastiff (dad. She has a deformed tail, which doesn't worry me at all, but I know Bull Mastiffs have a very high prey drive. She's the last of the litter and looks like a nice girl, but they want over $1000 for her and also she's way up north, so I'd have to fly her down here, which is expensive., especially as I may have a big roofing bill. I'll just keep my eye on her - she has a lovely kind face. I've never owned a Bull Mastiff but this girl looks more like an English Mastiff anyway. Satay chicken steaks tonight but I think we'll be eating late tonight as the cats want to go out for a bit first.

PAMELA, you'll be back at work now after your break, which I hope was a good one. I'm glad you managed to get in a game of golf last weekend and also get out on your bike as well. That would do you good. How strange about your neighbour's doormat. I think there must be gremlins around at the moment. Yeah, I know all about the price of cat litter going through the roof. I wonder why it's suddenly got so expensive I got 2 big bags online the other day and it came to $61.00 and I go through one bag per week of this stuff. I'm sorry that your litter is equally expensive.

SHELLEY, I'm glad you're having a good break away at the van and I hope you're getting some good weather .Poor Malaika disliking the cold. That tail of hers is a good expression of her feelings. Kwame sounds quite different.. I hope you enjoyed your evening meal at the restaurant last Thursday. It's always good to splash out a bit when you're on holiday and makes for a nice memory. I hope your dad's decorating is going well and glad Reuben continues to do well.

Well ladies, I'm off now to take the cats out then see about some tea.
Have a really good weekend and hope the sun shines for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-04-2023, 03:51 PM   #2

Re: Saturday daily.

Good afternoon Ladies,

Dinky, i do hope you dont need to replace your full roof as it sounds like you would be perfect for the masitff girl!! I think she needs you more than you need a roof The deformed tail just makes her even more special!! Glad you havent had any more flooding though. I do wonder what is stealing your bird feeder though!!

Shelley, are you having a nice time at the caravan? Im imagine you will be heading home this weekend? How are the pups doing? All good i hope. Fingers crossed your dad has finished the decorating by the time you get back as well.

Its been lovely here the last couple of days. Got a washing out yesterday on my new whirliegig which was nice. I also did something a bit different with Robyn today. We went to learn how to mantrail!! I wasnt sue how she would get on as i thought she would be more focused on the birds than actually finding a person but she did amazing!! I wish i could post pics/videos on here to show you. She picked it up soo quickly so i am going to take her to regular classes and work through the grades you can earn. So proud of my girl!!

Steven and i arent long back from getting some lunch out. We have his sisters 50th birthday party tonight so made sure to have something decent before it. Steven is currently snoozing on the couch, i have tried to go for a snooze as we were up early this morning but just cant drift over. I also bought a new outfit for tonight. Something different i wouldnt normally go fro. Its one of the casual suit jackets in a very blue colour, a tshirt under it and a nice pair of almost matching canvas trainers, will make sure i get a picture tonight.

Anyway, have a lovely afternoon/evening and i will speak soon