Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-04-2023, 06:25 AM   #1

Easter Monday.

Good morning ladies,
It's nearly 5pm here and it's raining quite heavily after a warmish day. Thunder storms and heavy rain are forecast for tonight and tomorrow, but so far, no flooding. in the lounge. The waterproof sheeting is down anyway and I've got all the buckets handy. I hope you both had a great Easter Sunday and got some nice Easter eggs. My cousin arrived yesterday with a nice one for me and janna (who doesn't really like chocolate) and a pile of used magazines. I love doing the cryptic crosswords in each one, so she's been keeping them for me. We had a good chat and a hot cross bun, and wonder of wonders, she went into the spare room and took a box of her china home with her.!!! The spare room is still full of her stuff, as is my garage, but at least it's a start.

Guess what ? ......The bird feeder disappeared again through the night, some time after 1am this morning. Janna went down to the mall today and bought another one and tonight, I am going to bring it inside - I found an old Royal Canin container with a lid that I was going to chuck out, so I'll store it in that and leave it in the back conservatory overnight.

I'm going to do a big shop tomorrow for a fortnight as Janna isn't working and so she'll help me carry the stuff. Gosh, cat litter has really gone up in price - $26 for a 10kg bag which only lasts a week. It's the only one that Snoddy will use, but I might have to look at an alternative cheaper litter for the "kittens" litterboxes in their bedroom at night. It's just getting a bit too expensive.

Apricot chicken rissoles for tea tonight and I'm just going to have them with the rest of the garlic bread left over from the other night. Might finish off with a hot cross bun for dessert. Utter decadence.

PAMELA, I hope you are having a good Easter break with plenty of chocolate !!! I bet you're taking advantage of that nice sunny weather you've been having, and getting out for some walks with the girls, and maybe out on the bike. I hope you enjoyed your friend's wedding the other night. How's your dad doing ? I hope he had a good Easter.

Shelley, sounds as if you're also getting some good weather for your holiday too. You must have had a good Saturday in the sunshine and the dogs would have loved their long walk. How nice to find a new cafe to enjoy lunch as well. It sounds like a lovely spot you're at. Hope you also got some yummy chocolate for Easter.

Well ladies, I'm off now to check the rissoles. It's still raining and the sky has gone very dark. Cats are all here in the lounge. They'll probably not want to go out tonight, but I'll give them the chance and let them decide.

Have a really good Easter Monday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-04-2023, 07:54 PM   #2

Re: Easter Monday.

Good evening Its 7:45pm here tonight. Bit late but only just getting a chance to come on and reply.

Dinky that is very strange about your bird feeder, could it be a neighbour taking it? I know it sounds a bit strange but you never know!! My neighbour had her doormat stolen the other night and another neighbour found it on one of the paths at the side of my house!! We are both now talking about getting the ring doorbells so we can cover the paths between us and the path up from my neighbour.

I hope you manage to get all your shopping tomorrow. The price of everything is going up here as well, cat litter has doubled in price for the same size of bag which is shocking!! Thats good that Janna is off and able to help you.

How good is it that your cousin has taken a box of china home with her, hopefully she will pick more stuff up as time goes on and allow Janna to get her room back!

Shelley, are you enjoying your break at the caravan? The weather has been decent over the Easter weekend.

We took the girls for an 8.5mile walk yesterday to the woods/golf course we used to stay beside and walk Barney and Mia. Was lovely being up there again and remembering barneys antics and going to the pond that he loved. The girls had a ball. I had Robyn on her longline so she had more freedom to run about and Mia was on her extendable lead as well. We all had a great time!

I was out on the bike on Saturday for the first big meet of the season so was nice to catch up with friends. Steven and i also went to the golf range tonight when he finished work and i was quite impressed with my shots tonight for a change!!

Anyway, enough of my waffle!! Have a lovely evening ladies