Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-04-2023, 06:46 AM   #1

Easter Saturday.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday 4:45pm here and it's been a decent sort of day with no rain. Still no flooding in the front conservatory after rain the other day, but rain is forecast here in Christchurch all next week ,so I'm keeping everything crossed that it's not heavy.Brenna and family got away OK this morning . I didn't go and see them off as I didn't want to upset Oren. Brenna said that if he does become very distressed over there, then she will fly home with him and leave Jared with the remaining 3 children over there.

Now for a wee rant. I usually buy a bird feeder from the meat section of the supermarket every 2 days for the wild starlings. It's only cheap and they love it.. It's surrounded by stretchy mesh and designed to hang in a tree. As I don't have any trees round the back, I just lie it on the lawn. It's quite big and heavy. Lately the bird feeder has been disappearing overnight. It's far too heavy for a cat to pick up or a bird to carry off. So...........Janna started hanging it on the clothes line at night. It's still disappearing overnight and the lawn under the clothes line has big circular holes in it and is messed up.Not sure whether it's a big dog jumping up repeatedly and getting it down or hawks or owls. or some other bird of prey .If it is a bird, its got to be big and have good night vision and be a nocturnal hunter. I'm now going to get a dog chain and chain the feeder to the base of the clothes line on the ground. A dog won't be able to release the chain. It's just so annoying as I don't know what animal is doing it. i don't really want to bring the feeder into the house at night as it wouldn't be terribly hygienic to do so, but I don't really know what else to do with it. Anyway, that's my rant over. !!!!!

My cousin did ring me the other day, shortly after I finished posting on the forum. Yes, Pamela, I know I shouldn't worry so much when she doesn't ring, but I keep thinking that I may have offended her in some way. You were right - she was worried about the cost of a new starter motor for her car . That was all it was.

Pumpkin soup and garlic bread for tea tonight as I can't be bothered cooking anything. I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday tomorrow coz Janna has got me some chocolate eggs. My cousin said she will also pop in to see me tomorrow which will be the first time in ages, so am looking forward to it. Cats are all OK but poor Miracle might need another wash tomorrow. I've still had no luck in finding a groomer who will do cats.

PAMELA, I'm pleased you're off until Tuesday for the Easter break and that you're having some decent weather. Long may it last.Don't worry too much about what your flowleader said. I'm pleased you took it up with your manager and just didn't get upset. It seems that someone always wants to hit you when you're a bit down, but just let it flow over you Pamela.I'm glad that you have now got your boy back home with you. It's always a difficult and tearful time ,but that's behind you now. I hope you had a good time at your friend's wedding the other night.AND, I'm sorry that your poor dad has been poorly and didn't get his operation. Hopefully it will happen .soon. It's good you went round to see him and your sister is close by too. I'm sure he appreciated your visit. and I hope he is able to enjoy his Easter.

SHELLEY,,I'm pleased that you, too, are getting some decent weather over your holiday. The pups, especially Malaika, will appreciate the sun. Did you find anything nice when you went shopping on Thursday ? AND your cousin will be with you in her van now. I'm assuming that she also has a dog, and you'll all enjoy some doggie walks together. I've been seeing the basenji that visits across the street quite a bit lately. It was there this morning but I'm pleased to say it was on a leash this time .Mouser, the big cat next door, was sitting on the footpath watching it and the poor dog was going crazy. Mouser just sat there and didn't turn a hair. Such torment for the poor dog.

Well ladies, I'm off now to feed the birds ,then heat the soup and garlic bread.It's starting to get colder now so on goes the heat pump.

Have a lovely Easter Saturday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-04-2023, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Easter Saturday.

Hello ladies, its been a lovely sunny day today, we took the dogs a nice wood and beach walk, then had lunch sat outside a new cafe.
Glad Brenna and family got off on their hols ok.
Hope your cousins visit goes well.
Pamela, how did the wedding go?