Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Today is Dora's 2nd Gotcha Day!

Can't believe she has been here two years today .... my OH and I were remembering going to collect her on a similarly damp and chilly day from Lurcher SOS HQ in Surrey. She'd been brought over from Ireland with her mother and brother and sister to be saved from being PTS. Her brother and sister were also taken in and we bought her mum to be fostered by the dog trainer we go to and then we bought Dora home. She was hard work to begin with, having only lived outside in a kennel and so house training wasn't as easy as it had been with Monty. We originally were only going to foster her over Christmas but she was such a nice natured girl (and still is) and got on very well with Monty that it wasn't long before the adoption papers were signed.

Here she is today:

And here she was in the same chair two years ago:

She is still a bit of a handful but we live in hope that she will calm down a bit SOON. She received a "Most Improved" award at our dog training class Christmas party last week and although I can't actually believe that she deserved the award, I must trust our dog trainer!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #2

Re: Today is Dora's 2nd Gotcha Day!

Happy Birthday Dora (always loved the name) and it suits her.

She looks so gorgeous................bet she does deserve the award looks like butter would not melt............

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #3

Angieh, she is a beautiful looking girl. We don't seem to have the Lurcher breed here in NZ, but I was watching Paul O'Grady at the Battersea dog home on TV the other night and he showed off this beautiful wee lurcher pup that had been starved. They are a beautiful breed.. Happy Gotcha Day Dora.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #4

A-Dora-ble Dora, so happy that you landed on your paws with mama Angie. XXX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
24-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #5

Happy 2nd gotcha day Dora! You are a beautiful lady, I have a real soft spot for those with ginger eyebrows!