Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
25-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #21

Re: Healing Vibes needed for Eva...

Hope Miss Eva continues to eat little and often and her Mother remembers to breathe

We have all 191 paws crossed here at teh Clan for Eva - she is a very speical little lady - she is the first cat I met in Aberdeenshire and she so generously allowed her Mummy to adopt Bernie and thats how I met Elaine and her wonderful fur kids

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #22

I glad Eva is home and hope she continues to improve, Elaine.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same as Cassie had 5 years ago She had tri-pancreatitis, was extremely ill and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She didn't eat for days and didn't used her litter tray. She was on a drip for 4 days. She came home with appetite enhancer tablets as well as other medications to try to get her eating again and then was only allowed small amounts of food at a time. She was jaundiced too.

I really hope it isn't this, it is so worrying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I glad Eva is home and hope she continues to improve, Elaine.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same as Cassie had 5 years ago She had tri-pancreatitis, was extremely ill and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She didn't eat for days and didn't used her litter tray. She was on a drip for 4 days. She came home with appetite enhancer tablets as well as other medications to try to get her eating again and then was only allowed small amounts of food at a time. She was jaundiced too.

I really hope it isn't this, it is so worrying.
Sounds very similar Mags. One of the main reasons for her being home is because she just gets too stressed and distressed at the vets. He wouldnt have been able to get an IV line into her but as she isnt dehydrated, he felt she would be better home with me and feels sure that, fingers crossed, the AB's etc will help and maybe because I was quick to spot the signs of renal/hepatic problems before she became dehydrated has helped.
Andrew was more worried that she was going to be diabetic as treating her would be problematic.

How has Cassie been since this episode? Does she have any special dietary needs at all?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #24

She is fine now, but she is on wet food with the occasional biscuit treat.

The vet did say that once a cat has had this illness, they can get it again ........ thankfully though, Cassie has had no reaction since.

I sincerely wish Eva well, don't worry if she's not eating too much at the moment Elaine.......... work on the little and often as her tummy will be sore.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #25

I became anti dried food on for a regular feeding basis when Oz, Winston and Cleo were diagnosed and just double confirms my conviction. Cats are not meant to eat dried food they are ment to eat wet food (with a little added liquid) or their system kicks back in many guises.....I hope she will be okay Elaine....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
She is fine now, but she is on wet food with the occasional biscuit treat.

The vet did say that once a cat has had this illness, they can get it again ........ thankfully though, Cassie has had no reaction since.

I sincerely wish Eva well, don't worry if she's not eating too much at the moment Elaine.......... work on the little and often as her tummy will be sore.
Thanx Mags. The vet did say that if we get her through this, this time that it may happen again, but atleast we will know the signs imediately, I hope... Not that I hope this to happen again but if it does....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I became anti dried food on for a regular feeding basis when Oz, Winston and Cleo were diagnosed and just double confirms my conviction. Cats are not meant to eat dried food they are ment to eat wet food (liquid) or their syatems kicks back in many guises.....I hope she will be okay Elaine....
Mine too Kazz. I am feeling a bit more possitive about the outcome for now but we will have to wait and see really.
Now I have been thinking back to all the times she had an upset tummy, the fact she goes mental at the vets when they tried to feel her tummy etc, soooo many things now falling into place and I wish I had pushed for more to be done at the time. Isnt that always the way though...
Our cats teach us so much, if only we'd listen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #27

Sorry to hear this Elaine, it can make cats very poorly.
I hope she starts to improve and eat a bit more.
Candy has IBD, not severly I don't think, but she is also a bit of a madam and a nightmare at the vets. We used to give them all tesco's premium, but after taking time to think about the cat's diet, we have changed everybody onto Hi-life ( with the exception of the renal cats) and she is doing very well. She has put on weight and is seldom sick anymore. I have never been convinced about dry food for cats, although I feed it to the dogs , but they do have water added, I wonder dry food makes any difference to dogs?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #28

I've never been big on dry food, and am less so after reading all this. Hope Eva keeps eating little and often and feels a bit beter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #29

Major healing vibes and ((hugs)) coming from this end also. Keep strong Elaine, The Diva is not one to give up easily xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #30

Lots of hugs and vibes from me and my lot.