Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #21

Re: Flea treatments

Totally agree Shelley. I never buy from my vets.....don't think I could afford to eat if I did!!!!

I regularly search the online vet med sites to get the best deal. Stronghold can be bought from some of these sites but you will need a prescription from your vet which they ave to give you but will charge you for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #22

Yes Kay,
when our Dog was on quite a bit of expensive medication, the online dispensaries were a life safer for us, we got prescriptions from the vets and were able to get his tablets at a least half the cost. Then the government struck and allowed vets to charge again for prescriptions. Our vets charge £8.00 per item and will only prescribe for 1 month, effectively they made it too expensive to order online. I found it interesting that once i bought the drugs from them again they could offer me 2 months.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #23

[quote=Shelley123;591053]Yes Kay,
when our Dog was on quite a bit of expensive medication, the online dispensaries were a life safer for us, we got prescriptions from the vets and were able to get his tablets at a least half the cost. Then the government struck and allowed vets to charge again for prescriptions. Our vets charge £8.00 per item and will only prescribe for 1 month, effectively they made it too expensive to order online. I found it interesting that once i bought the drugs from them again they could offer me 2 months.[/quote]

That sounds about right . And there I am thinking that vets had a vocation .

I have to say though I do have a good vet who doesn't jump down avenues that would bring her more money in and not really be any benefit for the pet but I now some many that do

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
14-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I have to say though I do have a good vet who doesn't jump down avenues that would bring her more money in and not really be any benefit for the pet but I now some many that do
Yes, I have a good vet. Our vet has a detailed list on their website saying that how much out of every £1 every penny is spent on. Also in the past he has given me some stuff free (I had one betamox injection, Renalzin, and two teeth pulled out free because my cat was already underneath anthestic because of another reason.). It's only a small practice (4 vets),and although there is now 3 different vets practices closer it's worth the extra 10 mins down the bypass for it. If you are on a low income and don't qualify for PDSA (and have no insurance), then he will do the best to help you financially (as he is the partner in the practice) if the bill is fairly high, though if you don't pay then he will (and has done) take you to court!