Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
20-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #11

Re: My First cat show ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Sounds excellent Grete and well done to you for going and and mixing X mustn't have been easy (maybe unthinkable a while ago?).
You are right - not that long ago I would just never have been able to contemplate going anywhere on my own, let alone to an unknown crowded place.

Lol I do have to admit tho that before I went, I was shaking and nervous how I'd cope going to an unknown place on my own but my hubby is brilliant at calming me down and encouraging me to do what I would like to.

Once I'd gotten inside, I was just goggle eyed at the number of breeds - most of which I had never seen in the flesh as it were, just pictures. Then Kay was so friendly and then Fran and it was just brilliant

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
20-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grete

Hehe he was just so gorgeous, are you taking him to the one at the end of Feb? I still want my cuddle

Yes in fact both Q and Mister will be there and I will be easy to find as well I shall be sat on my bottom behind the Selkirk Rex Cat Club Stall plus I'll pm you my mobile number before then

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #13

It was so lovely to meet you Grete and I am glad you enjoyed the show and your cuddles with Roxie and Shannon. I am sure your babies appreciated you going as they seemed to have got a lot of pressies. You better bring a lot of money as the Cov & Leic has loads of stalls.

As for the point about cats not enjoying shows as you have seen most of them are laid back and relaxed with a few exceptions. These exceptations may very well have had a bad day, becoming into call etc but there are some people out there who continually show a cat that just doesn't like being shown. These people unfortunately do exist and are more interested in the so called prestige of owning a titled cat rather than the the cats feelings. I know, as a person who shows, that we like to think this isn't so but it does happen and in all of the breeds. Luckily these people are the minority. I myself have had experience of a cat that didn't like being shown. Angel hated it and therefore was only shown twice as a kitten. She isn't a nervous cat but just hated the show scene. I would never force any cat that didn't like it.