Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

Wonderful life and it is.

Just wanted to say to everyone this morning I have taken Bella out she enjoyed the walk came home and have just enjoyed a lovely cup of coffee and eaten boiled egg and marmite toast shared a 1/4 of the toast with Bella (its become our ritual) I am now sitting with my feet up typing this sitting in the spare room/office/dumping ground and she is flat out on the bed in the sunshine yes we have sunshine here albeit cold.

This time last year I was waiting for knee surgery, my Dad was not too good he is 85 this year but now bounced right back my Mom was waiting for test result which came back as not cancer, something else but not cancer she is 82 and my life at work was stress, and Sal my beloved SBT was diagnosed poorly in Dec'12 she passed away/PTS at the vets in June '13 and we got Bella 5 year old rescue and I am sat her listening to her snore (due to the scars on her throat) thinking to myself what a wonderful world and life. I am ready enough to moan and grump and often don't take time to enjoy the small pockets of happiness and thought I would.

Enjoy your day everyone, and try and stop for a moment and smell the daisies.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #2

Re: Wonderful life and it is.

That was very uplifting to hear and I imagine you are feeling good today Kazz. Hope your day continues bright and breezy. I agree we often moan about the small stuff but right now I can count more blessings than worries so I'm with you.

x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #3

Karen, wise and beautiful words. I often wish I could just press the pause button and stop to enjoy the small things that bring such disproportionate pleasures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #4

You are right Karen, we should all try to enjoy the moment more. An afirmation we hear often at yoga is enjoy the moment, the here and now, you will never have this moment again. Something along those lines anyhow.
I heard a talk on mindfulness last year and try to remember things from that.
One picture that sticks in my mind is of a dog walker. The thought bubble from the dog shows he is enjoying the grass, fresh air, trees etc. The persons bubble shows shes thinking about what to make for the next meal......
Glad things in your life have improved and are good.