Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Sunday

Morning folks!

Dull and overcast here, I need to clear some of my tubs out which have been ruined by the heavy rain we've had lately, it seems to have been a short summer (ha! ha!) this year as I'm usually doing that type of job in late September!

I hope Ashleigh has recovered enough for Smudgley to go away on her hols today.

Have a restful Sunday everyone!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
03-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Sunday

The sun has vanished now that we've got our pool out. Typical.

I'm surprisingly excited today because my sister is visiting, I hardly see her these days.

Also~ My fiance only visited for the day yesterday because he has work today.... Or at least, he thought he did. So after that waste of money, he's going to come today to see my sister.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #3

Dropped au pair of at the train station and was down at the gym for 8am to do cardio and a class. It was a gruelling session . . . my muscles are aching already!!

Whilst the exercise seems to be going well, it's being a bit hampered by over-eating and over-drinking . . . must get that back under control!

So now I'm at home with Sebi as OH and Domi have gone to see MIL in Hayling Island as she's a bit unwell. It's pouring with rain which is a pain as Sebi's definitely an outside boy and is turning the house upside down with boredom

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #4

Afternoon all Only just crawled out of bed lol. I don't often manage lie ins cos my back ends up killing me but it made a nice change (even if I can't bend now) No plans for today, just a nice lazy one!

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #5

Yes where has the summer gone? So gloomy here I've had to put the light on to see my keyboard. Raining too. Just watched Countryfile weather for next week and it seems that the unsettled weather is set to continue. Drat and double drat.

Keep dry peeps and enjoy your day. Probably a great day for baking cakes? Birthday cakes?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #6

A mix of sunshine and rain here. I keep popping outside to read, sit for a few minutes then feel the rain and come back in doors. Gonna keep fit by running up and down stairs all day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #7

Very muggy and drizzly here, the lawn's not going to get mown today I fear.

I've had a lazy start and have managed to read the paper (so many extra bits on Sundays!) one article that caught my eye was that councils have been advised to issue on-the-spot fines ranging between £75 and £110 for refuse infringements. Examples include putting the bin out the evening before emptying day and not having the lid fully closed, whatever next!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #8

afternoon all

Went to the gym this morning and had a good workout. Good to hear you are doing well Yola - We must update our progress in the health section

Nothing planned for this afternoon as it is horrible weather here.

Have a good day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
..... one article that caught my eye was that councils have been advised to issue on-the-spot fines ranging between £75 and £110 for refuse infringements. Examples include putting the bin out the evening before emptying day and not having the lid fully closed, whatever next!
This is the sort of lunacy that makes my blood boil. I think we ought to start a new thread about official stupidity! How is that going to encourage people to recycle??? They should NEVER have made any infringement a criminal offence IMO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #10

Hi, everyone. We're having a glorious day...brilliant blue skies, low humidity and only 24C, athough it will rise to near 30C by day's end. Hope I don't sound as if I'm rubbing it in; don't mean it that way, I'm really sorry you all are having such a short, dismal wet Summer. Did my usual market run and just plan a lazy afternoon with papers and the crossword.

That's awfully annoying about the trash regulations! Our Waste Management people here also get very uptight about the bins being put out too early, and God help you if your bin is full and you put a plastic sack beside it...; but at least we get a citation the first time, not the fine. This is a good way to encourage recycling...

Hoping for drier weather for all and a nice Sunday ......