Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Monday

Morning,
Off to Stranraer this morning to pick up some bits, then may work on my short story.
We are out for a meal tonight with my cousin and husband.
Taking advantage of eat out to help out.
Yesterday was a very active day, long dog walk, then kayaking and sea swimming.
Dinky, glad you enjoyed your meal out, hope your legs feel better soon.
Pamela, hope you are feeling better too, yes both dogs are reactive to other dogs, kwame being the worst.
He's also reactive to certain people and trailers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #2

Re: Monday

Morning Shelley and those to follow.

Shelley enjoy your time in stranraer. What is your short story about? Have a lovely meal out as well.

Dinky, how are your legs after your walk? I do hope they have eased. Glad you had a nice meal out.

We went to the bbq last night. Was a nice nice. This morning hasnt been great. Harris has been being sick since yesterday and is now now bringing up what looks like blood so I'm sat outside the vet waiting to be called in. He isnt himself. Not wanting to go out or eat. Hopefully it's not serious.

**UPDATE**

Didnt see our usual vet, the one i saw had n idea what caused the way he was this morning. Theres no blockages around his body that she could feel, 3 injections later we were sent on our way. Not happy with what she said at all. If he is still the same tomorrow i have to take him back but i think i will wait until the Wednesday and i can see our actual vet who knows Harris and is just more knowledgeable ad i actually trust him

Shelley it's so hard when they are reactive and especially when other wither family or on walks dont understand

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #3

Oh no Pamela you are having a bad time.
What injections did Harris have?
I think like you I'd wait for your usual vet.
I wonder if he has acid reflux.
I'm writing a story about my great aunt, she had a tragic life and I feel her story should be told.
Struggling for info though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-08-2020, 05:36 PM   #4

Hi Shelley, your story sounds as of it would be a good read.

He got a steroid injection, an antibiotic injection and an anti sickness injection. He has been sleeping most of the afternoon but when he got up I gave him chicken which he ate. He hasnt eaten since Saturday night so I was relieved he has eaten now. Certainly deems brighter. Keeping him in for a couple of days though just to be sure.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #5

Hi Pamela and Shelley,
Tuesday morning here and a warmish day again.I'm going to have another quiet day as my legs ,especially one, are really really sore . I'm kicking myself for being so stupid as to walk up steep hills for 4 hours when I hadn't done any walking for the last year because of Willow.I'll ease into things gently from now on. I've found a tai chi class that I'd like to join and it's reasonably close so I can walk there, but I certainly can't do anything like that at the moment.I'm also going to get back into fencing and judo again, both of which i began at uni and continued on after that. I was always a bit nervous with judo, but did it for 7 years, and i was pretty good at fencing- won quite a few competitions with electric foil fencing and I still have all my equipment and protective gear, so may start with that again.I've got to do something, otherwise I sit and brood. Not sure whether or not to go back to work yet.The call centre job is being held open for me if I want to do it.We shall see.

PAMELA, I'm glad you went to that BBQ, .AND I'm so sorry about poor Harris. I so hope by the time you read this, he is much better. Could he have eaten a poisoned bird maybe or eaten cat litter which is what Frederick did a while ago ? I, too, would wait for your usual vet if possible.Thank goodness he's eaten a wee bit of chicken and seems a bit brighter now.Wise choice to keep him inside for a few days though. Do let us know how he is.

SHELLEY,hope you had a lovely time in Stranraer and got all your "bits" that you wanted. Have a lovely meal out with your family and lots of luck with that short story. I'm sorry your great aunt had such a tragic life but what a wonderful thing to do - to immortalize her life in a story that will bring joy to others.Yes, I can understand how hard it must be to find information and you'll probably have to use your own imagination a bit to fill in the gaps, but that's what authors do. Your great aunt would be very proud of you ,Shelley.

Well everyone, have a great day/evening. I'm now going to drag myself to the kitchen, turn on the coffee machine and have a nice hot cafe au lait.

Love to all Catsey cats, especially Harris, dogs and their guardians.