Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday

Good morning,

It is beautiful and sunny here today. Not sure what the plans are yet, we were meant to be going to Stevens mums for a BBQ but not sure yet which i will explain.

Dinky, your walk sounds lovely!! I cant imagine how lovely the view would have been looking across Christchurch. I do hope you enjoy your meal now that your cousin is feeling better

Shelley well done on completing your Makaton stage 2. I can imagine you will be quite happy Great achievement!!

Hubby and i did our motorbike CBT yesterday an we both passed. Really pleased. It was such a hot day and on the bike you had to have a big jacket, trousers and a big helmet on, i have never been as hot!!

We got a all from Stevens mum later when we were heading home . We had asked her to let the dogs out in the garden for us whilst we were out. We always say never take them out as we know how much of a handful Barney can be with other other dogs. Well she took them out at the same time, Barney saw another dog, slipped his lead and attacked the other dog!! Thankfully from what i have been told from my neighbour it was more noise than anything but i dont know who the other dog was or if it has been injured. Apparently the other owners said the dog was fine and walked way but i would like to speak to the owners. We are so annoyed with Stevens mum and we are at the moment not going over for the BBQ as too angry with her for going against what we asked!! It ruined the end of what had been a great day.

Hope everyone has a great day and it stays sunny where you are

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday

Oh Pamela, I'm so sorry, I completely understand.
We wouldn't trust anyone else to take Kwame out, you need to be focused on him all the time and no matter what you tell other people they dont get it.
Well done both of you on passing your CBT , great achievement.
Dinky, hope you enjoyed your Chinese.
Yesterday conditions were just right for taking the kayak out, also had a swim.
Later we were sat on the decking with a drink and saw two dolphins following a boat.
Taking the dogs a walk today to another beach and through woodland and gardens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #3

aww that sounds blissful Shelley!! Sounds like you are having a great time!!

Thank you, it was a tough day yesterday!!

Is Kwame reactive to other dogs? His mum has taken them out before again, against our request and it was fine but she walked them separately that time and didnt meet any other dogs. Everyone thinks that because Barney is so "innocent" looking he isnt aggressive and dont believe us

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #4

Good morning Pamela and Shelley.

Sunday evening here after a nice warm day in which I did nothing at all except moan about my legs to anyone who would listen .They are killing me after that hill walk the other day. I was so stiff, I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I won't be doing any more steep hill walks until I get back into shape again. Oh yes, I had a lovely chinese meal with my cousin yesterday - sweet and sour pork balls, lemon chicken and veges all on fried rice. However she wanted to look round the shops afterwards and my legs were beginning to ache then ,so I left her to it while I sat down. What a kill joy I am !!!

PAMELA,congrats on you and Steven on passing your CBT. Sorry you got so hot in all the gear though.AND I'm so sorry that Barney had that little mishap with another dog. Yes it's very frustrating when people don't do as you have asked them to do.Perhaps your mother -in-law thought she was doing you a favour by walking the dogs, maybe ? At least Barney and the other dog weren't injured.As you say, it was probably more noise than anything else, but I do know how you feel.She may have learnt her lesson now she has seen for herself what Barney can be like with other dogs and she is probably feeling bad about disregarding your wishes . See how you feel later on about the BBQ when your anger subsides a little.

SHELLEY,wow, you sound as if you are having a great time, swimming and kayaking. Do the dogs like the water as well ? How relaxing to sit on the deck and look out to sea and having a drink as well. Sheer bliss. !!! Fancy being able to see the dolphins. They're fascinating creatures. Sorry that you ,like Pamela, have a dog that can be a tad unfriendly with other dogs. I know that I had to be so careful with Willow too, as she would, and did, attack any dog she saw and not only dogs but people as well if given the opportunity.She wasn't friendly at all, but that was due to her being terribly abused before I got her. You just have to be extra vigilant, but at least you and Pamela are excellent dog owners and love your dogs to bits.

Don't know how I got on to this. Anyway, hope you both have a wonderful lazy Sunday and enjoy the great weather you're having. I'm going to have a hot bath to ease my aching joints and then watch a couple of Mission Impossible episodes.(have run out of Criminal minds).

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs (especially Barney and Kwame) and their guardians.