Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-07-2020, 07:36 AM   #1

Solemn Saturday, but hanging in there.

Hi Pamela, Shelley and anyone else who might look in.
Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I've just been feeling utterly devastated over the last week. I lost my beautiful Willow last Saturday.. She lost all coordination and was unable to sit up , let alone walk. We think she may have had a massive seizure in her sleep and it affected her brain. I kept her for three days in the hope that she might improve but she was getting distressed trying to sit up and just falling back down. My own vet, Michele, was away up north but one of the other vets from the clinic, Catherine, came to the house and she was lovely.I miss Willow so much and I find myself talking to her all the time. I can't believe she's gone, as she's always been such a huge part of my life for so long, I can't seem to stop crying and I hear her snoring here in the lounge and the bedroom.I'm even doubting my decision to let her go now, My mind is so muddled and I'm not thinking straight any more.I'm going to just take it easy for another few weeks and if I don't start to feel better ,then I may go to a grief counsellor. Anyway enough of my problems.

I do hope everyone is keeping safe. I have been thinking of you all.

PAMELA,your new pond sounds fantastic with the fish and the lights. I do hope the weather has cleared a bit for you and you're able to get out for some good runs.That virtual event sounds like fun and you'll easily manage that, no worries. I hope your sister and niece both had super birthdays and got lots of nice presents. What did you get them? AND I'm sorry your mum still isn't very well.Yes I know that it might be hard to get in to see a doctor at this time, but it would be best if she did see one. I do hope you can persuade her. It must be a real worry for you.I say a wee prayer for her every day.

SHELLEY,how lovely that you're off on holiday to Scotland for a month. I assume you've already started your trip. I do hope you have a peaceful, relaxing time and safe travelling. Are you taking the dogs with you? It's great that Eric is now at home again and is getting the help he needs. He will be lonely but I know you will keep an eye on him.He'll probably be happier in his own home anyway.Glad you left some doll repairs to do for when you get home again.

Well everyone, to tell you the truth, I feel a bit better now that I'm back on Catsey again.I do hope everyone has a great Saturday and let's hope the weather is kind to you all.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #2

Re: Solemn Saturday, but hanging in there.

I am so sorry for your lose dinky. I have been thinking of you constantly. Take your time grieving. Willow was such a huge part of your life. You did what you felt was right for Willow. Please dont doubt your decision. How is Janna coping?

I am heading out for an early morning run and it is pouring of rain but it's ok. For the birthdays, hubby put money in Abbies card and I gave my sister a bottle of raspberry vodka as she likes it. We had a nice day together.

My mum still isnt isnt great and had a fall which knocked her out for a short time so we are quite worried about it. It happened when she was on her own as well.

Shelley I hope the weather is better where you are today! It's to dry up in the afternoon here.

Take care everyone. Thinking of you dinky

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #3

Re: Solemn Saturday, but hanging in there.

Hi Pamela,
Janna is still very upset about Damon, her wee budgie, and she is also upset about Willow, but Willow was very much my dog, never Janna's, and was always quite standoffish with her, as mastiffs are. English mastiffs tend to bond very closely with one person only.

Sorry it's so wet out there for you. Be careful you don't slip over.

Money was a good idea for young Abbie ,as at 12,, they have very definite ideas of what they like. The raspberry vodka sounds yummy -hope you got to have a drink of it.

Sorry your mum had a fall. She doesn;t need that on top of everything else.I know you must be very worried and I feel for you all.

Have a great Saturday, Pamela. Enjoy that run.