Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #11

Re: Sunny Scotland

What does it say n the last headstone? I can make out some of the words but not all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #12

can't remember it all Elaine

No man puteth his hand to the plough, looking back ? for the king (I think), don't know the last line.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #13

looking back to the kingdon of God.

From the gospel of St Luke.

Catsey Veteran

25-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #14

that's it cheers

No man puteth his hand to the plough looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #15

Such beautiful scenery; Scotland is a lovely country. Nice to see Loch Lomond, I know the old song from childhood but

. don't believe I've ever seen a pic of it before. It looks quite large. And in that shot of Oban, is that an old Roman colosseum at the top?

Re graveyards, ours don't have the antiquity, but I do enjoy walking thru our neighborhood one which goes back to the Civil War and has some really interesting monuments and tombstones; you're not alone, Elaine.

Thanks for sharing those, Alex.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #16

Beautiful!

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Such beautiful scenery; Scotland is a lovely country. Nice to see Loch Lomond, I know the old song from childhood but

. don't believe I've ever seen a pic of it before. It looks quite large. And in that shot of Oban, is that an old Roman colosseum at the top?

Re graveyards, ours don't have the antiquity, but I do enjoy walking thru our neighborhood one which goes back to the Civil War and has some really interesting monuments and tombstones; you're not alone, Elaine.

Thanks for sharing those, Alex.
Glad you enjoyed them Eileen (and all). Loch Lomond is over 25 miles in length and you see some stunning scenery when driving alongside it.

The picture of Oban features McCaigs Folly It was built by a man at the end of the 19th century who wanted to make it an art gallery etc as well as a monument to himself, but it was never completed and stands over Oban to this day. It was based on a Roman colosseum and is a tourist attraction now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #18

Thanks for the explanation, Alex; I was puzzled as I didn't think the Romans had built one in Scotland, but it certainly did look like one! I've had that Loch Lomond song in my head ever since yesterday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #19

Wonderful pictures there Alex and haven't the girls grown are you standing them in grow bags at night???? Beautiful young ladies.

I adore graveyards, we must be an odd bunch on here, I did a history project on churches and graveyards......sparked my interest. Wherever I go I have to visit the church.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, maybe next summer but I would love to tour Scoland in a VW camper. In fact saying that would like to tour the UK like that.

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #20

lol Karen, we are a weird bunch on here anyway I too would love to tour in a campervan, but will have to stick to my car for the time being. We're off to Wales this saturday, so hopefully will get some nice pics there too

As for the girls, they are getting scarily big. Raechel is just starting to inch over me, and Hayley is going into her last year of primary Where have my babies gone???