Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
16-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1

My mum's stuck in Benidorm

My mum was supposed to be coming home last night but is stuck in Benidorm and can't get a flight home 'til Monday. She found a cheap hotel and her insurance (luckily) is going to pay out for it (some of her pals who she went with are not so lucky) but she is very upset and was crying on the phone today. Turns out the holiday was a bit of a disaster and there were some fallings out (girls holiday away), they have made up but she says it's just awkward now and everyone just wants to go home.

The b/f (as some of you know) is also away and due back wed so hopefully it will be clear by then otherwise he will just lose the plot where he is, he's halfway there already hahaha.

Bless my poor little mummy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #2

Re: My mum's stuck in Benidorm

Awww, hope your mum gets home soon ...BF too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #3

That's a shame.

I am hoping the people i am house/dog sitting for manage to get home ok on sunday. Doesnt really matter too much to me really as I have no other house sits booked for a week or so, so another day or two wont be too bad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #4

oh dear, this eruption is causing some amount of problems! I hope your mum (and b/f ) manage to get home soon x

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #5

Thanks guys, not so bothered about the bf just yet LOL but my poor mum was so upset today on the phone and I feel so sorry for those who's insurance is not covering the extra bills, it must be costing them a small fortune. Luckily *koff koff* the bf is staying with a 'friend' so won't cost him anymore if he has to stay longer.....apart from his sanity, haha.

I also have a pal here who's sister is stuck with her and can't get home to France!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #6

Hope your Mom gets home alright, tell your Mom to pitch a tent on the beach and stay there topping up her tan.

My friend Chris and her mate can't get a flight at all....so not sure whats happening luckily they are going to open up her friends villa....but Chris has booked the holiday she said today she may come back to work and have the holiday later this week and then onward if they let her. But other holidays are booked around hers.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #7

It makes you realise how vulnerable we all are when it comes down to the power of nature and things we cannot control.

Hope your mum gets home soon random.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
17-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #8

My friend went home to see her parents in Bulgaria and cant get back at the moment.She said its chaos everywhere.She was due home today.

I live near Gatwick airport so its very quiet round here at the moment.

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #9

Just hoping she can get back Monday now as it still doesn't look good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #10

Just had a call from my clients, who I am house/dog sitting for. They were due home from Spain tomorrow night but flights have been cancelled. She said that it looks like they will be there another week .

Hope your mum gets home very soon xxx