Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 ginger (dsh) 1 male 1 female
15-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #21

Re: Cat getting close to going back to the Pound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Shadowdh - not sure I understand your post - are you comparing disciplining a child with disciplining a cat??

Fundemental difference; children have a congiscent understanding of right and wrong and an ability to learn to a far greater extent than a cat. A cat can't understand action (peeing on something) and reaction (slap) and the relationship between the two.
cats are intelligent animals i have never had to house train a cat but my dog got told off when she went to the toilet in the house

i tell my animals off i always try and use my voice instead of resorting to slapping them but there are times when a light smack is in order and my animals are not frightened of me, i think you have to treat each animal as an individual as they are some will respond to you voice some to being punished and some wont they are all different

ATD xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
16-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #22

I'm sorry ATD and original poster, I completely disagree with you. There is NO situation in which physical violence of any sort is "useful" in training any animal. Its cruel and abusive.

And thing may be done "differently" in the U.S. but it is certainly unacceptable to hit a cat. Please don't generalize the original posters response to that of all U.S Americans.

Catsey Junior

16-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #23

physical violence you make it sound like i batter my animals i dont but a quick smack on the **** wont do them any harm
ATD

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD
physical violence you make it sound like i batter my animals i dont but a quick smack on the **** wont do them any harm
ATD

ATD, this forum is full of cat loving members who do not agree with physically violence towards their pets in anyway. As with other 'old' threads that have been revived recently. I think this one is best layed to rest...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
ATD, this forum is full of cat loving members who do not agree with physically violence towards their pets in anyway. As with other 'old' threads that have been revived recently. I think this one is best layed to rest...
I agree Fran. We don't need to go over old ground here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #26

We've expressed our opinions on this, let's close it once and for all~!

Catsey Junior

16-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #27

i dont agree more but what i wont have is anyone telling me i batter my animals and dont love them would you rather me sit back and let my dog rip holes out of my cat of vise versa?
ATD xxx