Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Thursday

Morning all..

Back to a wet morning again although it has stopped raining for the moment.......it's so grey and dismal though.

Nothing much planned for today, just the usual jobs about the house.

Enjoy your day everyone..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

No rain, but very misty and dull here. I have a nagging headache and feel a bit groggy today. I think a visit to my herbalist is in order during September to just 'realign' things

I have a lot of amendments to do to the FedEx book, and as I'm off tomorrow and the first 3 days of next week I need to gte through a lot to keep the client happy.

Did anyone watch the Jerry Springer 'Who do you think you are' last night? He traced his roots back to the Nazi death camps. I've read and watched a lot of stuff about this (as it's part of my history too), but for some reason it really, really upset me last night. Even OH was quite surprised at how upset I got!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
28-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #3

At home again today-well I went in but was sent straight home as apparently looked awful Difficult to relax though as I know there's lots to be done-paperwork etc which will just be piling up.
Overcast here but it's dry so far.
Lx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #4

Rest up PL, get yourself better .......the work can wait!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone! Another grey and dismally cloudy day here too - just a patch of blue sky would be lovely.

Coo - I've just found a button on my new keyboard that makes everything larger! As my eyesight is not as good as it was (just one of many things - tempus fugit!) this is a happy accident!

Anyway - back to the post! The decorator has finished our bedroom and OH helped him put up the new curtain pole. So now we have a beautifully decorated bedroom and a curtain pole - nothing else yet until we get the call to say the carpet is ready to be laid and the curtains are in the shop ready to be picked up. Then the next phase will start ........ I will wait posting pictures until at least the carpet is down!

We are now in a position to puzzle about mantle shelf with or without corbels or fire surround for the fireplace in the lounge. I know it's really just the look of the thing, but I need to get it right, or at least to my liking and that's not terribly easy. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

So sorry to hear that you are still not feeling really well Liz. Try and take it easy - don't worry about work - you need to get yourself right.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #6

Woopee! Just heard - carpet's being laid on Monday morning!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #7

A really nasty day here....and very welcome, it is finally raining!! We've had only .58" of rain in August and things are terribly dry; trouble finding Leia's grass as its mostly brown! Raw East wind and only 19C; wearing sweatpants and a sweater. What a relief to finally see some rain. Did todays marketing yesterday so just slept in and caught up on some chores I've avoided, and paid bills. Leia is dozing on her thermal cushion...think she must have cold feet...

Angie: woo hoo for the carpet!
PL: take care of yourself, girl!

Have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
No rain, but very misty and dull here. I have a nagging headache and feel a bit groggy today. I think a visit to my herbalist is in order during September to just 'realign' things

I have a lot of amendments to do to the FedEx book, and as I'm off tomorrow and the first 3 days of next week I need to gte through a lot to keep the client happy.

Did anyone watch the Jerry Springer 'Who do you think you are' last night? He traced his roots back to the Nazi death camps. I've read and watched a lot of stuff about this (as it's part of my history too), but for some reason it really, really upset me last night. Even OH was quite surprised at how upset I got!!
Yes Yola I watched it and it was upsetting wasn't it I had no idea of the gas buses.....that is horrible and when the lady said "15 minutes to be unconcious - 20 minutes or so to die"....thast terrible you could imagine the screaming/panic etc etc when she said it as you looked at the old buses...and the fact what about the drivers how could you do that drive around in a bus with 80+people in the back.....being gassed............... heartbreaking.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #9

Hiy all been t work now home weather not bad had lunch out at "subway today".....a special treat to me and Morag...from work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #10

Yola wrote ....

............ Me to Yola. I was very moved by the programme. It hurt me so much to hear him sobbing quietly at the wall where the railway station was. It's not a part of my family history but I still cannot fathom how such a terrible course of events could have happened in the 20th century in the 'civilised' West.

Busy days here again folks; babies galore Seems to be a bias towards girls at the mo.