Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #11

Re: Depressive cat

Her teeth must be fine as she wolfed down the cod filet I hand fed her and she has eaten a few biscuits I have given her and she crunches them up, so feel her teeth and mouth must be ok. Not had a close look tho as she wont stand me to do that.

Sounds silly I know but I dont think she likes bowls!

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
13-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #12

Not silly at all, lots of animals are picky about their food being in the *right* container. Have you tried pot, glass ,stainless steel, plastic contai ners, plates, saucers etc. India absolutely refuses to eat anything that is the least bit chilly, I have to warm all her food for her and her milk has to be put out sometime before she has it. My biggest worry is that she won't eat anything other than cat food. Hope you get Chloe sorted out soon Logoes

Catsey Veteran

13-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #13

Well she has had some Felix tuna tonight. About 1/3rd pouch. Gave it to her up on the tumble dryer away from Misty.

Played with her for about an hour on her own - Misty was in the living room with Sean and Emma. She did enjoy the playing, but did not like me getting too close. If I go to stroke her or go near her she runs away. If she is standing and I go to stroke her back she lowers herself so much so I dont touch her and she walks with her tummy on the floor.

I just dont think she likes us very much

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
14-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #14

I wouldnt worry about that, my cat Jet can be the same.

Times she will be all over me and other times I cannot go near her, she runs away or as you said she will lower her back and walk away. Think its just Jets (cats) nature to be like that.

Did you try washing your hands before playing with her in case Misty's scent is still on you. Worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
14-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #15

Are your bowls narrow and/or deep? It could be she's not liking them because her whiskers are running against the edges. If she's afraid of Misty (I don't know if that's the case though, but "afraid" in general will do) she might not like that sort of impairment of her senses... Have you tried feeding her on a plate?

Catsey Veteran

14-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #16

She did have a problem with a bowl once - stainless steel - it got stuck to her collar as she had a magnet on it for the cat flap and she was scared as the bowl stuck to her and as she ran it tipped up all over.

(Did look funny but looking back she might be a bit scared due to this incident)

Never used the bowls since and use fairly shallow plastic ones.