Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #21

Re: Update

Pamela, I'm so relieved to hear that Harris is improving. What a long ordeal it has been for both of you, but hopefully the end may now be in sight. Gaining weight is always a great sign. I've heard of milk thistle used for budgies with liver problems and it evidently does wonders so it can only be good for Harris too. I hope that it is easy to give pills to Harris ,especially if he is to be on them long term. Still, that's a small price to pay for his good health. Thanks for letting us know about your beautiful boy. I remember him in my prayers every night

Way to go Harris. !!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

17-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #22

Hi Pamela, just wondering how Harris is doing. Is he continuing to improve? I do hope so. I say a wee prayer for your boy every night. Do let us know how he is when you get a chance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-06-2016, 07:00 AM   #23

Good monring Dinky. Thank you fr asking and also your prayer x

He is still improving, we are keeping him in a bedroom at night to give him a chance to eat his dinner without Skye getting it and it als means e is getting his meds. He is finishing his dinner every night an is efinitely putting on more weight. Back at vet on wednesday for more bloods so wil see how he goes x

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #24

Hi Dinky.

Harris had his bloods done again today to check his enzyme levels and they are all except 1 back to normal. His weight is up to 3.1kg which is brilliant!! No more bloods now, just a check up in 2weeks and that should be him

Almost a Veteran Member

23-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #25

Pamela, I'm so pleased for you and Harris. I was hoping that you'd update after his vet visit. AND he is gaining weight which is fantastic news. What a load off your mind. Harris now has a bright future to look forward to. You couldn't have wished for a better outcome for your beautiful boy.Thanks for letting me know.

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #26

a wee final update for Harris! ]]He has been signed off from the vets! he has also gained another little bit of weight and vet is really happy with him!! He is going to be on a liver suppliment for life but i have no issues with that. SOo happy!!

All the healing thoughts form our dear catsey friends has definitely helped himfight to get to where he is now!

Thank you soo much to everyone who has kept him in their thoughts and prayers xx

Almost a Veteran Member

11-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #27

How marvellous for both you and Harris, Pamela. I've been praying for your boy every night and now things have finally come right for him.What a load off your mind. You can now relax and enjoy Harris and he can finally have the healthy life he deserves. Thanks for letting us know.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #28

Great news Pamela, I'm glad Harris is feeling so much better....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
27-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #29

So pleased to hear this about Harris