Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #1

Did Jerry know

I wonder if Jerry knew Tom was ill and didn't have long.
The day before i saw him washing Tom's face. On Saturday Tom was lying on the back lawn and it was raining a little, normaly both cats would be inside during rain, however i discovered that Jerry was also lying on the lawn. I went over to stroke Tom and Jerry followed and gently touched noses.
When Tom had gone Jerry was very late coming into the kitchen to ask for his tea, he's usualy waiting up to half an hour before.
We are making sure Jerry gets plenty of fuss and attention.
Both Cats belonged to Howard's mum before she passed and i asked her to come and collect him, i'm sure he's enjoying sitting on her knee again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #2

Re: Did Jerry know

I expect Jerry did know ... after all they have lived together for a long long time. Nice to think of Tom being back with Howard's mum -

My first two cats Merlin and Smudge never got on very well and I am sure that Merlin couldn't really care when Smudge went; however recently when Pip was away in the vet hospital, Kizzy seemed to be searching for him. I did tell her that he would be coming home ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

I think they do know aswell. After mondo, my mum sent up her cat to keep me company, she normally sleeps in my room but for 3 nights she slept downstairs and wouldn't come in my room. He will be being well looked after back with howards mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

When my cat was mauled by a greyhound his brother pined and pined and pined while he was at the vets for at least 2 weeks and when we brought Ginger home, as we thought he would get better, Tigger howled and howled and wouldnt go near him he was so upset. When we explained to the vet he said he thought Tigger knew Ginger was dying and was mouring him. He was terrible for months after too. They had both been dumped on our doorstep at 2 weeks old, eyes still closed and not spent a day apart from each other before that. It was very sad to see. So yes I think they do know, they sense things we dont understand. Like when Dennis knows I'm upset, ill or have a cut or sore he seeks it out and licks it its wierd.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

I agree - I'm sure he did know. Animals are such wonderful things, and like they seem aware of our emotions and well being, they will be aware of their fellow animals ones, especially if they are good friends.

Am sure he'll be having a good time with Howards Mum...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #6

Bless him, how is he now?

When we had Rosie PTS last year, I asked my dad to come & meet her & take care of her. He always called her, " his special girl"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Bless him, how is he now?

When we had Rosie PTS last year, I asked my dad to come & meet her & take care of her. He always called her, " his special girl"
Jerry seems ok, Helen. He's getting plenty of cuddles and is eating well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #8

I agree, I'm sure they can sense when something is seriously wrong with their friends. I like to think of him sitting on Howard's mum's lap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #9

I think they have a sense of something. No sure what they actually pick up but something. I am sure though that Howards Mom was there waiting for him.