Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #1

Sasha

This is Sasha, about a week ago a friend in rescue received a phone call to say that there was a kitten hanging around a house, they had put a cardboard box in their open porch for her. When my friend arrived she found a very thin friendly kitten. The people were sitting in a warm comfy house with a Cat on the sofa, yet they wouldn't let this clearly unwell kitten into their home in this awful weather, she was wheezing loudly and clearly not well. My friend gently lifted this frail little girl into a carrier and brought her home.

The vet said that the kitten was less than a year old, gave her injections and some medications and said to bing her back in a weeks time.

Sasha, as my friend decided to call this little girl was given a snug bed with a heated pad which she loved snuggling into, clearly she had not had much comfort in her short life. She loved being fussed and clearly at one time she had been a house cat. My friend was determined that once well enough Sasha would be spayed and a loving new home would be found for her as clearly she was a very special little lady.

Over the weekend my friend grew very concerned as she felt Sasha was not responding to her medications and took her to the vets and asked them to do bloodwork on her. The results caused concern and Sasha was x-rayed. this beautiful friendly little girl was found to have a massive tumour in her stomach which was pressing on her ribs and lungs, there was nothing the vets could do, the tumour would kill her and the only kind thing left to do was to do was to put her to,sleep.

This kitten touched us all, I never met her but heard about her and saw her photos and I admit I cried when I heard she had been out to sleep. How unfair when her life was going to change for the better.

Sasha now cradled gently in angelic arms.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #2

Re: Sasha

What a sad story Velvet ......... I am so glad that Sasha did experience love and comfort even though it was for a short time. RIP sweetheart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

What a sad tale and RIP Sasha

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #4

How extremely sad, poor young kitten. Atleast she knew love and kindness in her final days, a small mercy.

R.I.P. SACHA XXX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #5

How very sad. Good to know she had at least some love and warmth in her short life.