Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #21

Re: Last weekends photo shoot

Brilliant - loving the B&W and the tongue!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
19-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Oh Matt. That last picture is just wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Those are simply great; you are so skilled at catching the expressions! Tink's a beauty....love the ear tufts and those magnificent whiskers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janey83
Awww she's gorgeous
Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Brilliant - loving the B&W and the tongue!!!
Thank you for the kind comments, seems the B&W one is quite popular.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #23

WOW what fantastic shots of such an adorable kitten, she is just so sweet and they way that you have captured her cheeky character and expressions are ace.
You are just too clever with that camera you put us all to shame .
Can`t wait till you can take them pics of Maxi and Maisy when you are up this way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #24

Are some cats just more photogenic than others? Is it like people in that the camera "loves" some and not others?

From the pictures you and Leesy take of Maine Coons, it does look like they are a particularly photogenic breed! Just makes me want to cuddle them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #25

I've wondered the same, Angie. No question that Maine Coons are very photogenic, and I agree that the camera does love some cats. Think a large part of it is the skill of the photographer, and maybe a smidgen of luck and timing too. Didn't Matt say he would take dozens of shots to get the one perfect one? The problem is, the cat won't keep doing what she was doing until you can get it just right!

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
20-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
WOW what fantastic shots of such an adorable kitten, she is just so sweet and they way that you have captured her cheeky character and expressions are ace.
You are just too clever with that camera you put us all to shame .
Can`t wait till you can take them pics of Maxi and Maisy when you are up this way.
Cheers Leesy thanks for the kind comments.
planning a trip up north soon, I will let you know when i'm around that way. I'm looking forward to take some photos of up northern M&M Maine coons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Are some cats just more photogenic than others? Is it like people in that the camera "loves" some and not others?

From the pictures you and Leesy take of Maine Coons, it does look like they are a particularly photogenic breed! Just makes me want to cuddle them.
I don't know about that, I think its how you frame the photo and how its lit with natural lighting or flash that enhances how the cat looks in the photo.

I agree that some cat breeds are maybe more photogenic than others, tho I have seen ugly Maine coons as well so its not just the breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I've wondered the same, Angie. No question that Maine Coons are very photogenic, and I agree that the camera does love some cats. Think a large part of it is the skill of the photographer, and maybe a smidgen of luck and timing too. Didn't Matt say he would take dozens of shots to get the one perfect one? The problem is, the cat won't keep doing what she was doing until you can get it just right!
Very true its all about the skill
No to be honest its 40% Luck 40% Patience, 20% Skill
For the Tink photo shoot I took 267 photos on one camera and another 15 on another camera. From that many photos I got 30 photos that met my standard.

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #27

Wow! 282pics to get 30 - I am impressed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #28

Digital cameras are a blessing. Just imagine developing and printing 282 pictures to arrive at 30.

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
20-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Digital cameras are a blessing. Just imagine developing and printing 282 pictures to arrive at 30.
exactly , not to mention waiting a week to find out you had the camera on the wrong setting. I used a film SLR camera few months back, its was very different, couldn't get used to not being able to see what I have just taken.

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #30

After the computer, I think digital cameras are the best invention since sliced bread! I love being able to view them and immediately trash the no-good ones!