Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #1

winday wednesday

Morning everyone, its very windy here today not looking forward to the bus ride into work today. Working until 8pm tonight so will try join the quiz when i come home even for a short while.

Hope you all have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #2

Re: winday wednesday

morning Pamela, hope you have a good day at work.
I'm a little fed up at the moment.
Several people may remember we had decided to give showing a go with the dogs.
Monday night at ringcraft Kwame snapped twice at a lady who attempted to go over him on the table, we obviously removed him straight away and he wouldn't have anything to do with anyone afterwards.
Malaika was also frightened on the table although she enjoyed the running bit and yodelled at the judge.
I am convinced we had a problem with Kwame at training on sat due to ringcraft.
We have both decided that it's simply not worth causing the dogs to be miserable and risk Kwame biting so that's that regarding showing.
We will have to work carefuly in training to rid him of the fear.
Have to clean up now, no hoover it's broken.
To a friends for coffee this afternoon then tesco, then yoga and then quiz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

Afternoon Pamela, Shelley and those to come along! Yes, isn't it windy? OH, Monty and I have recently come home from a walk around Chidham Point - my, was it blowing - and we had a couple of squally showers. I had my light waterproof on, but OH said no rain forecast until tonight and so just had a fleece. Luckily when we turned inland we were more sheltered.

We did have a bit of a shock when we got home and set about washing Monty's paws as we found what appeared to be a growth on the left side of his chest. Panicky thoughts, but OH took the poor boy into the lounge to groom the rest of the rubbish out of his coat and found that it was a teasel head that had got itself embedded in his fur. So now it's out and there is no lump. Pheeeeew!

Shelley - sorry to hear that Kwame's fear may stop you from showing them. He's still young though - may he grow out of it do you think?

Hope to see lots of players at the quiz this evening. Look forward to you joining in Pamela when you can! See ya later alligators!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

Hi all! Warming up finally here: nearing 10:45 am and 16 C (60 F); better than the 8s an9s earlier. Lots of sun, breezy. Been down the hall to the greenhouse, and there's a bud on the night blooming cereus ... it's obviously happy there!

Pamela, do join when you can; Shelley, that's a shame about the showing, but if they're both reluctant, I guess it's better not to. Angie, that teazel really gave you a scare! Glad it was nothing.

Quiz tonight, all welcome!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Hi all...

Not long back from work. Bit of a late finish, given I should have been away at 3, but never mind. Head is mince! And has been for most of the day. Oh well then!

Very windy here as well - has been since Monday.

Have a good rest of your day all...

K

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Dull day here, such a change from the recent Indian Summer but much more typical of early October.

It's been a funny old Wednesday as I'm used to OH going out to the pub to meet up with ex-colleagues, he's usually out for about 3 hours or so but he didn't go today. One chap is unwell and the other is preparing to go on holiday tomorrow so it was cancelled, it means that I've had to put up with him being around the house all day I feel I need a drink!

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #7

MrsH - here's a large G&T - enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #8

Angie, yes Kwame may grow out of it but i fear if we keep on practicing the table he will bite someone, he's so frightened.
Howard and myself said that if we felt the dogs didn't enjoy it then we wouldn't do it.
I'm glad Monty only had a teasel (what a scare )

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #9

You are probably right Shelley - to not show if you don't think the dogs are enjoying it. Much too stressful for all concerned otherwise. We hope to try agility with Monty next year, after he's 1 year old. The trainer we go to atm has mentioned a group that runs on a Sunday and where fun is the focus rather than competition. Sounds just right for us to have a try at least.

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #10

Fun agility sounds great , Angie.
Don't think there are any classes like that around here.
Some people do lure coursing with Basenjis but i wouldn't want to encourage the prey drive anymore than it already is.
Re the showing it was awful to see Kwame snap like that, he's usualy such a sweetheart. Malaika looked scared to death too.