Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #81

Re: Gardens - all this talk lets see pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Pleased to be able to help Donna. As you can see went for a mixture of sixes in the clabs but nothing I couldn't pick up myself. hence I did not get the biggest sized. But used a mixture of sizes to make it look bigger. Less formal
Karen
So did you do all that yourself - without a man????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
So did you do all that yourself - without a man????
Yep took my time fetched the slabs in the car over the course of a couple of weeks, making sure I chose ones I liked the look of then had a tonne bag of gravel, and slab fix delivered I think from memory the gravel was called cotswold gold don't hold me to that though I looked at so many. Then I wheelbarrowed it round. to the front. (In my case the back is the road side) Luckily I have side access from back to front.

Ben my OH is Useless at DIY you have never seen anything like it honestly. He complains if he has to pick up a brick a slab no chance. (we have split up now amicably and he has had problems with his toilet flushing and has been quoted £160 by a plumer to replace the syphon) so I am going round tomorrow to replace it for him luckily its not a close coupled cistern but low level therfore the cistern does not have to be removed from the wall/pan. Shouldn't take long. Men eh?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Yep took my time fetched the slabs in the car over the course of a couple of weeks, making sure I chose ones I liked the look of then had a tonne bag of gravel, and slab fix delivered I think from memory the gravel was called cotswold gold don't hold me to that though I looked at so many. Then I wheelbarrowed it round. to the front. (In my case the back is the road side) Luckily I have side access from back to front.

Ben my OH is Useless at DIY you have never seen anything like it honestly. He complains if he has to pick up a brick a slab no chance. (we have split up now amicably and he has had problems with his toilet flushing and has been quoted £160 by a plumer to replace the syphon) so I am going round tomorrow to replace it for him luckily its not a close coupled cistern but low level therfore the cistern does not have to be removed from the wall/pan. Shouldn't take long. Men eh?

Karen
Wow Kazz, thats amazing!!! Well if you can do it then so can I!!!!

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2006, 01:59 PM   #84

Quote:
Wow Kazz, thats amazing!!! Well if you can do it then so can I!!!!
Of course you can you have al the time in the world what does it matter if all you do is one or two slabs a week. Nothing at all but once you get started you find you want to keep going.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #85

Working patiently and not getting over-tired is a key.
It took 2 grown men, with the tools and experience, 4 and a half days to do my back garden (but that was quite a lot - fence, slabs, deck, log store.)
What I'm saying is agreeing with Kazz.......take your time. The evenings are light, and getting lighter. Prepare and lay 2 or 3 slabs a night - sorted!

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #86

Also money being a key factor too!!! If I have some spare cash I will get a slab or two and do those, then when I have some more moeny... a bit more etc etc!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #87

Nothing much in my plant pot at the moment but when the kids come home next Sunday we're gonna plant some seeds, Preuvian lilies and ermmm can't remember the other ones

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #88

Quote:
Also money being a key factor too!!! If I have some spare cash I will get a slab or two and do those, then when I have some more moeny... a bit more etc etc!
Thats the way, I did it. slwoly and easily no stress. I am replanting the front garden same way slow and easy.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #89

One of the azaleas, now in full bloom........

Catsey Veteran

06-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #90

Do you know I like Azalea's but I don't have any I have no idea why thats a lovely one Mags