Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #71

Re: Poorly Jerry

Erin I'm sure with time your boy will adapt, sometimes they are more sensitive than we think - he will pick up any stress you have to and I know the big move has been stressful for you both

Keep on doing what you are doing it will help he now has his Mum back to himself and doesn't have to share you for a while

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #72

I think he will settle in time, rehoming him would just stress him out even more....I know how hard it is Erin, going through it will Leo at the mo....He got better, then it flared up again, think we are on the road to recovery now though...

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
08-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I think he will settle in time, rehoming him would just stress him out even more....I know how hard it is Erin, going through it will Leo at the mo....He got better, then it flared up again, think we are on the road to recovery now though...
I couldn't agree more Moli!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
We have been using Feliway DM but its ran out, so Ill go and get another one. He is still on the zylkene to help with stress which is helping but obviously not enough.

Thanks Kazz, Im hoping that I can get him sorted with access ouside somehow otherwise I feel I may have to rehome him Ill try everything before it gets to that but the poor boy is so miserable at the moment its heart breaking to watch I dont want to keep putting him through vet visits, stress of taking pills etc when all he wants to do is get outside

Erin, he's only had one vet visit so far. I still think that a urine sample is worth doing even if it only proves to be negative.

As I have already said, Ill try what ever I can afford, I love that little dude so much, and after everything thats gone on this past year and rehoming Milo and Tink and Choc and Lil, Im not giving up on my Jerry boy without a fight, but I do fear I could be fighting a losing battle
Giving up on him a little quickly here, he has come through a hell of a lot in a relatively short space of time. He doesnt need you to be negative, he needs you to be possitive and strong.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #75

Im absolutely not giving up on him Elaine, maybe worded that wrong. And what I meant by he vet visits is that if this going to be a re-occurring thing then it is going to be constant vet visits, I didnt mean he had been several times already.

Im trying not to be negative, as I have already said I will try everything that I can, we are looking into a cat pen/run outside, we are looking into that cat fence off the other thread, Ill even trying getting harness on him and see if that helps. Please dont think for one second that Im giving up on him because Im not.

Ive spoken to the vets and am popping in today to get the stuff for a urine sample.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #76

Good luck getting the sample, Erin. I do hope as time passes his stress level will go down; he has indeed been thru a lot lately, poor guy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #77

Good luck with the sample, with regards to the invisible fence though, I dont think it would work now there is a puppy in the equation, cat pen would probably be better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #78

Puppy???where does a puppy come into it???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #79

Yes, what puppy? Did I miss something?

Cats owned: 1 Grand Kitty
13-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #80

just posting to for erin to let you know that jerry is fine. the urine test did not show crystal or stones but the white blood sell count was high which could be because he is fighting off a infection. the vet is going to run the urine test again in a couple of weeks if there are still abnormal white blood sell count then he is going to do blood tests.
jerry is doing well though at present.
#
glenys