Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
13-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #71

Re: Starting to fret now, Bella's gone walkabouts.

Oh heck, I am sorry to hear she's not turned up a yet - lots and lots of positive vibes still whizzing over for her !!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
08-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #72

Luke any news? I am so sorry to here little Bella has gone missing. You never know she could be around and about and you havent seen her stay positive.

Maybe go to the ladies house and ask to come in for some tea because your so cold and need warming up and a cup of tea. Say to her that she is your only hope as she is such 'a caring cat person'

Might work fingers crossed.

xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
08-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #73

Still nothing. She isn't with anyone, that's become more than evident. I hate to think it but....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #74

Aww Luke I don't know what to say X Big hugs to you (remember that thread just after christmas about the cat who returned after 15 months... BJ I think it's name was)

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #75

It'll be two months next Monday.
Not a hide nor hair of her still, nothing from posters/shelters/vets/neighbours.
Before any suggestions are made, as helpful as I know they are intended, we really have tried everything. I think it's two choices, to continue to wait and put a halt on life until she returns, well if she returns. Or, to get on with things...to always live in the hope she'll be back one day, but to move forward a bit.
My apology's if the latter sounds harsh, but I feel as if since she's been gone everythings been let slip, the boys are growing up everyday yet their youth seems to be being ignored due to exhuasting every option in hunt for their ma. I can't explain what I mean without sounding totally callas and unfeeling.
I will always live in the hope she will return, and in the grand scheme of things two months isn't that much, but the fact there have been no sightings etc of her..leaves me quite cold inside, so...yes, thought I ought to update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #76

Hello Luke! i was only wondering about you this morning ... Vulcan mind transfer eh?
I'm sorry you haven't come with good news. We love our cats for their independence and sometimes (fortunately not too often) this is the payback. They vanish. Poor DM is feeling the same about the lovely Onyx.
I'm sorry.
She may saunter in one day but you're right, will probably not. Do what I suggested Dm does - in the absence of evidence to the contrary - believe that she is happily esconsed in a new home. We've had the opposite - had a young cat walk in and we never found where he came from (and this is when I was a kid living at home in the village pub. We knew everybody and asked everybody)

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #77

Thanks DM, i had a feeling you'd be one who got what I meant I live in the hope she returns, or at least is safe and happy somewhere. However, as most am quite aware, I'm quite a realist person..and if the fatal has happened and she is no longer here, albeit it was a short one..she lead a good life, she was loved, she was cared for, she was adored, she shared her life with Clementine and the dogs, she brought a lot of love into this house, she raised her kittens well and lives on through her four babies and, it's not nice to think but I stand by the addage in reference to cats, better to have lived a natural life regardless of length than a manicured and un-natural life too them.
And no, that's not a pop at house cats!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
19-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #78

Quote:
better to have lived a natural life regardless of length than a manicured and un-natural life too them
With you on that one.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
19-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #79

I'm sorry to hear that Luke but she had a lovely life and I believe that she is somewhere she was so beautiful that it quite possivly that she was picked up as a present for someone and has a lovely home. At least you have her boys a living memory of her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
20-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #80

I'm sorry Luke, but sometimes as you say you just have to be realistic. I lost one of my cats to a RTA aged 18 months, at least I knew what had happened to her. Another one simply vanished, like Bella. I never did find out what happened to her. Both were thoroughly spoilt while I had them, and neither would have lost their lives so early had they been housecats. We make a choice. I prefer to give my cats an independent, natural life too.