Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
26-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #71

Re: Teddie very bad again

Hi Alex
Tilly is back and they have said to me to feed her on hypoallegenic diets. She is on walthams sensitivity conrtol at the moment both biscuits and the pouches. But the vet has said to me that she can have the d/d, i/d or z/d and the walthams hypoallengenic diet and they also said that they think hills do a hypoallegenic diet. Anyway they also said that if the she can eat the diet and not be sick then to keep her on the diet/s forever. So I think that if Teddie will eat any of the above diets and they don't cause her diarrhoea then she can stay on them forever too. My vets have given me a small sample bag of biscuits they were feeding her whilst she was staying there to see if she will eat them. If I get any large bags of the above diets I don't mind sending you a sample to try Teddie on, but at the moment I am going to see what Tilly will eat.

Hope you are OK and Teddie has managed eat some chicken

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #72

Thanks very much for that Sally! Teddie has wolfed down both lots of chicken I have given her, her appetite has never been in question lol!! I am going to try her on the hills and have some biscuits coming so we will see how she goes on them. She hasn't had biscuits for months, so this will be a great experience for her, something crunchy lol. I'm glad Tilly is home and I have everything crossed that this diet will work with her.
Alex xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #73

Ok, just catching up here and now about to stick my big oar in where it may not be wanted .
I whole heartedly agree with sticking to what works for Teddie and di=ont understand your vet at all with regards to the prescription diets. They are all complete foods but designed to help with specific health issues.
Anyway, my worry is...............
when Teddie is well and eating with no runny bum, thats fine but I do worry about when the runs start and she is being starved. Now I kknow and understand full well why this has been done but seriously worry about it being done too often. As alot of you know Hepatic Lipidosis(liver failure) can set in fairly quickly and although our dear sweet Teddie has a lust for food, which is good, what damage is being done to her liver by these frequent bouts of runs and starvation?
I am no vet so maybe I am wrong to worry but none the less i do as it may have some bearing on any future outcome for her.
So now I have successfully put a dampner on things, here's what I think. Go ahead and feed her what agrees with her, I cannt see how probiotics and prescription food would harm her at all but please do find the time to call round some vets to discuss her current situation and find a decent vet. They can be expensive but may work out cheaper in the grand scheme of things.
Wishing you both all the very best as always. xxx

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #74

Thanks for that Elaine, I didn't know about the liver failure thing. What do I do then when she has the runs? Continue feeding her and hope her tummy will settle on its own? I'm now more confused than ever. Let's just hope this chicken helps her (though her tummy is sounding very bubbly).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #75

No don't give up up the vets just try too stabilise her then go to the vets when all has calmed down not the least Alex.
a

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #76

Sorry Alex, didnt mean to confuse the issue. I think you are doing a grand job and am not critisising.
I think you should feed her what agrees with her and keeps her tummy settled but I do think you should change vets because should her tummy get upset again........ it cannt be good for her to be frequently starved especially as she is so young.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #77

Alex, I can understand your confusion; there are so many aspects of this problem to consider...I didn't know about the liver until Elaine mentioned it! One more thing to worry about .......poor Teddie and her bubbly stomach (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #78

The chicken hasn't worked, she now has the runs again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #79

Can anyone hear that its me smacking my head against the wall

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #80

Oh Alex, I know there is the vet issue but it sounds to me like she does need some antibiotics, Porsha was exactly the same, noisy guts and everything running through her and I know my vet did not want Porsha starving. I had to keep feeding her throughout. You have had so much conflicting advice, you must do what you feel is right but she really cannot be starved for ever and we are not vets on here and I am worried that teddie really needs professional help. {{{Hugs}}} x